Votes: 29 7.2%
  • Tory

Votes: 117 29.0%
  • other

Votes: 30 7.4%

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Indeed and there are some times when the common vote gets it wrong - Hitler, Trump , Jair Bolsonaro, Putin to name 4 and the moderates get blown away leaving the extremes to fight it out at the expense of the greater majority.

This applies as much to Labour with momentum undermining moderates as the ERG.

Extreme views don't represent the majority , they either represent either the rich & powerful or people who put political theory over people's lives.

Well said. I was as unhappy with Seamus Milne, and Len McClusky on the left as I was with Cummings & co.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thanks for the heads up just clicked the link myself and page does not exist. Not sure what has happened here - the article is still on the CNN site - certainly no intention on linking to any dodgy sites, hence why I used CNN in the first place.
Remove the http:// at the front as the link starts with both http:// and https://

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
And who gets to decide what constitutes extreme ? The MPs in question were ‘following their consciences’ in trying to prevent Brexit. Leaving the EU is not comparable to electing in Hitler. That is entirely false and such an insult that it does rather reveal the La La Land many remainers live in.

Common views defines decency and that fact that you don't know that is worrying.

Where did I say ' Leaving the EU is comparable to electing in Hitler' , I said that sometimes the common vote gets its wrong. Not a very good try at distorting my words to your own ends.

Ending with an attempted insult as you have no legitimate argument.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Common views defines decency and that fact that you don't know that is worrying.

Where did I say ' Leaving the EU is comparable to electing in Hitler' , I said that sometimes the common vote gets its wrong. Not a very good try at distorting my words to your own ends.

Ending with an attempted insult as you have no legitimate argument.

What a strange post. I’ll leave you to arguing with yourself

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
As an update on my previous posts I can confirm Spain, to a great fanfare, received their first (3 weeks after the UK) doses of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. The downside is, according to a birding friend here, whose son is an ICU nurse at Clinico, Malaga - he has been informed Spain will only receive enough vaccine to cover 4 million of the population by summer 2021 owing to 'shortages'. Seems to confirm reports in the Telegraph earlier in the week.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
As an update on my previous posts I can confirm Spain, to a great fanfare, received their first (3 weeks after the UK) doses of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. The downside is, according to a birding friend here, whose son is an ICU nurse at Clinico, Malaga - he has been informed Spain will only receive enough vaccine to cover 4 million of the population by summer 2021 owing to 'shortages'. Seems to confirm reports in the ..Telegraph earlier in the week.

Sounds dubious. 2.5 million people are due to be vaccinated in the next 12 weeks with the Pfizer vaccine alone.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Sounds dubious. 2.5 million people are due to be vaccinated in the next 12 weeks with the Pfizer vaccine alone.

2.5 million people in 3 months is roughly 4 million by the summer, maybe [MENTION=887]Boroseagull[/MENTION]'s mate was only taking into account the Pfizer vaccine. I assume they've ordered some AZ ones as well

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
2.5 million people in 3 months is roughly 4 million by the summer, maybe [MENTION=887]Boroseagull[/MENTION]'s mate was only taking into account the Pfizer vaccine. I assume they've ordered some AZ ones as well

Orders in for AZ and Moderna, amongst others. You'd expect the weekly numbers to rise not fall during the second phase (due to start in spring),which is why I'd question the 4 million figure.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Orders in for AZ and Moderna, amongst others. You'd expect the weekly numbers to rise not fall during the second phase (due to start in spring),which is why I'd question the 4 million figure.

Sounds like Chinese whispers or, dare I say it, anti-EU propaganda. The EU has pre-ordered 680 million doses of the 3 vaccines currently/imminently available: 300m Pfizer, 300m Oxford, 300m Modena.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
So 680m or 900m ?

https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_20_2467

Screenshot_20201227-115838.png

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/qanda_20_2467

View attachment 131803

Thanks. I haven’t followed it closely. I think there is little dispute about them ordering now but the Der Spiegel investigation is about them previously turning down the offers of vaccines. No idea if it is true but I am interested when so many are willing to give the EU a free pass. We all know what those people’s reactions would have been if there were a story suggesting the UK Government had done similar.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Thanks. I haven’t followed it closely. I think there is little dispute about them ordering now but the Der Spiegel investigation is about them previously turning down the offers of vaccines. No idea if it is true but I am interested when so many are willing to give the EU a free pass. We all know what those people’s reactions would have been if there were a story suggesting the UK Government had done similar.

I think it's pretty clear that the EU could have done better. However, the Der Spiegel piece seemed to be rather dismissive of the Oxford vaccine. The approval of that will put EU nations in a pretty good position, as far as I can see.

( Here is the Der Spiegel piece in English - www.spiegel.de/international/europe...es-a-3db4702d-ae23-4e85-85b7-20145a898abd-amp )

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think it's pretty clear that the EU could have done better. However, the Der Spiegel piece seemed to be rather dismissive of the Oxford vaccine. The approval of that will put EU nations in a pretty good position, as far as I can see.

( Here is the Der Spiegel piece in English - www.spiegel.de/international/europe...es-a-3db4702d-ae23-4e85-85b7-20145a898abd-amp )

Yeah, I don’t think the EU deserve blame as such. Clearly they took decisions in good faith because of worries about vaccine effectiveness and because they always have a political balancing act to manage between 27 countries. We may never know whether or not a political decision was taken to protect the French company but again that is inevitable in such a large union. All politicians will make mistakes in current circumstances. I just can’t take seriously the posters on NSC and callers to radio stations who jump all over mistakes made by the UK Government but let the Der Spiegel article pass with barely any comment. It is complete double standards. There was an example of what I mean on LBC this morning. The subject of discussion was trust in Boris Johnson. A lady called in to say that she would not be having the vaccine because she doesn’t trust Boris !! That’s where political discourse has reached in this country and all because people got a referendum result they didn’t like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here