Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If The Team Doesn't Get Strengthened v Sheff Wed

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think our 4/5 new players will show up very close to Aug 31st or in the subsequent loan window. I think we've already got enough to down Wednesday :) I expect to see Crofts & Ince in midfield with JFC, Lua Lua and Buckley behind CMS. Let's keep the back 4 solid with Bruno, Greer, Dunk and Hughes at left back. Hopefully the two contenders for player of the season & the most printed names on the back of replica kits are yet to sign. Could be exciting in four weeks time.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
That's interesting. I followed this exact same car along the Old Shoreham road yesterday at the same time. It wasn't a Bentley though, it was a white Jaguar. I didn't think anything of it at the time but the number plate and location is very interesting. Joined the A27 towards Lewes and lost sight of it

Ooh, so possibly heading from the training ground to the Amex, let's get that rumour mill turning :lol:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
FFS we're playing Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: why all the panic. The fixtures computer has been kind to us because the opposition for the first 3 games are all a bit "meh"

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Sheffield Wednesday will be a good barometer for the season.
They will be an average Championship team.
I predict a draw.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are we just ignoring the fact we scored 1 goal against Wednesday last season, and claimed 1 point from them?

At The Amex they didn't have an attempt on goal until the 35th minute and loanee Matty Fryatt scored the opener , up at Hillsborough they got an undeserved win with a 90th minute goal from Leon Best.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Thanks for your concern Lamie. Give it a few more weeks and there will probably be more than enough of us to warrant asking Bozza to make the link a sticky. :lolol:

PS. No disrespect meant. of course, to the Samaritans and all the good work they do.

You do go on a bit sometimes........but it,s worth it when you come up with a gem of a line like that.

Made me smile !

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It doesn't matter what team we put out (from amongst our current squad) we'll probably lose on Saturday. I can't remember such a piss poor pre-season for incoming transfers. It truly stinks.

You must have a very short memory then.

10 Years ago we would have been thrilled at any signing anyone for a fee!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh that's good, perhaps we can get there again and be out played, manoeuvred, positioned and fought for a third time. If we don't score goals, we won't be there, check out the teams promoted over the past three seasons.
Shame you don't get to see the playoffs when we do make it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here