Votes: 58 42.0%
  • Boo them

Votes: 32 23.2%
  • Not be bothered

Votes: 48 34.8%

• Total voters

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Regardless of ex-Brighton or current, I would cheer them.

The vast majority of Scots I have met have no ill feeling towards the English. Granted, they are from one town, but my feelings would not be changed if they were vehemently against the English.

I'd cheer them too. I have NEVER met any porridge who would cheer England or "have no ill feelings towards the English" though.

It's usually the hatred of England that defines them. Anyone who thinks Salmond and the SNP aren't (fundamentally) just England haters disguised as nationalists...they need their bumps felt.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Cheer them ,boo them ,not be bothered.
I would cheer thm

I would seriously cheer whoever they play. I would cheer Wales and Northern Ireland and possible the Republic but never the Socks. I have met too many English hating Scots I am afraid.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
In 1978 the media were all over them with a love fest as the substitute England. Nobody actually gave a toss, especially as they were quickly rumbled as being rubbish.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I would probably cheer them on because, unlike them, I'm able to forget about what happened almost 800 years ago.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I would probably cheer them on because, unlike them, I'm able to forget about what happened almost 800 years ago.

The English can't remember what the Irish and Scottish can't forget.

That's the crux of it. The porridge are obsessed with the idea that England has "kept them down" if they vote for independence, which I suspect they will, they'll find out for themselves whether that's true.

I don't think it is but I could be wrong. What definitely IS wrong is that North Sea Oil will last forever. The projections from SNP are foreseeing no fall off in production for ten years. I would suggest that, when the oil runs out, the Scottish economy will tank. Best get rid now.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I was as passionate in 74 and 78 (particularly) for Scotland as I am for England at the WC.

I have Scottish friends who support England - it's a little bit childish to want a
home nation to lose in the wider context of a WC let's be honest.

I would cheer them on to a heavy defeat. For them to win a match is so rare in any sport. In about a hundred years time when they qualify for a tournament and come up against Argentina I will purchase an argie shirt and wear it with jubilation. I will start saving 50p a year from now.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I supported them in 74 and started celebrating them in 78 before I discovered the entertainment value of their failures. This conversion happened in a boarding house on Montpelier Crescent whilst watching Ally's army in the company of an Iranian and a Glaswegian.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I would cheer them on, also find it weird their 800 year old hatred of which many in same breath are happily living in good old England!

:thumbsup:

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I would take every delight in seeing them lose and fail. Same as palace for me.

Find that video and them loving it when England lose hilarious. Seems too obvious to point out that yes, we haven't won a World Cup or euro championships for a long time, but Scotland......you don't even qualify? Be like us laughing at Argentina for losing in a final

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here