Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF the game is postponed on Saturday

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
It was me, not Tony.

A lot of people just browse the board. The original thread title was stupid. Hugely misleading, whether that was the intention, or not.

It wasn't stupid, the people who misunderstood it are clearly stupid if they couldn't be bothered to read the content of my post.

I guess I am at risk of a ban now for questioning you and having an opinion ?

Perhaps next time, instead of judging people and changing the thread title to something even more misleading, pm me and suggest I change the thread title accordingly!!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
To be fair to the OP, the opening line of the content to the thread was in clear view for those reading in Tapatalk, so it probably didn't have the same alarming effect as for those using their web browser. Still, I think the title did need to be changed there and then once spotted.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It wasn't stupid, the people who misunderstood it are clearly stupid if they couldn't be bothered to read the content of my post.

I guess I am at risk of a ban now for questioning you and having an opinion ?

That's the point - people see just the titles, and WOULD have been alarmed, before they went and opened the thread, to find out they'd been misled.

And no. Obviously not.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I am still interested to know, which club have had the most postponed games against us ?

@goldstonerapper, youou are a man of knowledge, have you any idea ? Can you remember games against Huddersfield that were called off ??

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Theres suppose to be 100mph winds Christmas day isnt there? Im more worried Charlton away could be cancelled.

I can see all this rain potentially being a problem for charlton...i'm not sure there pitch drains very well.....still a lot could change between now and then and they will be very keen to make sure its on with potentially a big gate

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I can see all this rain potentially being a problem for charlton...i'm not sure there pitch drains very well.....still a lot could change between now and then and they will be very keen to make sure its on with potentially a big gate

I was just gonna say the rain could be a problem, 2day and yesterday was/has been crazy. Like you say they are gonna do everything they can to keep the game on though, I love a good boxing day game!

Dec 29, 2011
Probably Hitony. Busy, very busy. Moving threads which make him look stupid, then locking them... I doubt a change of thread title is beneath him. Amend his title from Moderator to self-appointed Policeman and make him happy, @Bozza.

Stop being a ****, Hitony has put in many, many hours making this forum better and more enjoyable. You've made 23 other posts which, if they're up to the quality of this post, have contributed shit all to NSC.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Charlton had their home game v Donny abandoned a couple of months back. Ground staff may well have been keen for the game to go ahead, but they sure as hell didn't bust a gut to ensure it went the full 90 minutes, after they went 3-1 down earlydoors.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Charlton had their home game v Donny abandoned a couple of months back. Ground staff may well have been keen for the game to go ahead, but they sure as hell didn't bust a gut to ensure it went the full 90 minutes, after they went 3-1 down earlydoors.

lol true...and if recall correctly they won the rearranged game

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I am still interested to know, which club have had the most postponed games against us ?

@goldstonerapper, youou are a man of knowledge, have you any idea ? Can you remember games against Huddersfield that were called off ??

I think your best bet is to purchase the Albion programme checklist thing in the club shop. It lists all the programmes produced home and away and the duplicate editions (e.g. a Brighton v Leeds programme produced in Dec '81 and Mar '82) indicates a game being postponed.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Probably Hitony. Busy, very busy. Moving threads which make him look stupid, then locking them... I doubt a change of thread title is beneath him. Amend his title from Moderator to self-appointed Policeman and make him happy, @Bozza.

It was me, not Tony.

A lot of people just browse the board. The original thread title was stupid. Hugely misleading, whether that was the intention, or not.

:facepalm::lolol:

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Get the salt & pepper and I will eat my hat ��

drop dead fred

Mar 8, 2011

I hope the game isn't called off. I've got my Christmas walking stick down from the loft, and some shins are due a bashing on the train.

It was me, not Tony.

Sorry hitony my mistake

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I think your best bet is to purchase the Albion programme checklist thing in the club shop. It lists all the programmes produced home and away and the duplicate editions (e.g. a Brighton v Leeds programme produced in Dec '81 and Mar '82) indicates a game being postponed.

Thanks for the info

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

I hope the game isn't called off. I've got my Christmas walking stick down from the loft, and some shins are due a bashing on the train.

Sorry hitony my mistake

Erm...fail or whoosh?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here