Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club and Poyet kiss and make up...

How will you feel if the club and Poyet kiss and make up?

• Happy - I trust Bloom and the project continues.

Votes: 307 58.7%
  • Unhappy - Poyet's shown his hand and will do so again sooner rather than later.

Votes: 140 26.8%
  • Fence

Votes: 76 14.5%

• Total voters

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Agreed - so how can you say his achievements they've been 'underestimated'? Even us old farts who remember the 'Glory Years' of Mullery say that this is easily the best era since those days. (And it was on-track to surpass them).

[Mullery. Another great player whose first managerial appointment was at Brighton. Never really kicked on though after leaving us. Food for thought eh, Gus?]

Maybe under-appreciated by many on this forum is more appropriate use of language, than under-estimated.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I've been thinking long and hard about this over the last two weeks and I can't, in all honesty, see how Gus can come back. Lets be honest he's made it pretty plain over the last season especially that he feels his talents are wasted here and he should be in the Prem or managing some top Spanish side.

Can everyone not see that if he did continue, (probably through gritted teeth), at the first mention of some Premiership club in trouble, (usually about September/October), he would almost certainly jump at the chance and be off. I want a manager who feels committed to BHA, is willing to give it a go for 3 years or so and doesn't continually flaunt himself at every club rumour or vacancy. Its not also ideal trying to attract players to the club if the problems with the current manager have just been papered over.

So sorry Gus, thanks for everything, I and many others will wish you well and have fond memories of 95% of your time with us. However, if you stay, I would support you and the club but I'm afraid the trust has now gone. Best to go while we still have some respect for you I think.

Yes but the harsh financial reality is if we dispensed with his services of our own choice, we would be kissing goodbye to £2.5m compensation when Poyet does finally get another job. So I would imagine that the financial pragmatism of Barber and Bloom would mean that we would find a short term compromise and wait for the windfall.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would be a disaster. Gus has repeatedly demonstrated his selfish egotistical loud mouthed persona.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If Poyet stays I'll support him as I would do any incumbent Brighton manager. But I certainly wouldn't be singing his name again anytime soon after the disrespectful way he has treated the club and the fans. I think the best option would be to move on with a new and more grounded manager.

This.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I've been thinking long and hard about this over the last two weeks and I can't, in all honesty, see how Gus can come back. Lets be honest he's made it pretty plain over the last season especially that he feels his talents are wasted here and he should be in the Prem or managing some top Spanish side.

Can everyone not see that if he did continue, (probably through gritted teeth), at the first mention of some Premiership club in trouble, (usually about September/October), he would almost certainly jump at the chance and be off. I want a manager who feels committed to BHA, is willing to give it a go for 3 years or so and doesn't continually flaunt himself at every club rumour or vacancy. Its not also ideal trying to attract players to the club if the problems with the current manager have just been papered over.

So sorry Gus, thanks for everything, I and many others will wish you well and have fond memories of 95% of your time with us. However, if you stay, I would support you and the club but I'm afraid the trust has now gone. Best to go while we still have some respect for you I think.

And this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here