If The Answer Is No

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Would Prescott wait until the season is over to announce it knowing that if he said no during the season our next game would be very volatile with our track record (York), just a thought.
PLEASE PRESSA SAY YES:falmerspi

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
I think all hell will break loose if he says no, I'll definetly do something 'militant,' Brighton means too much too me to just sit on my arse

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
NOT GONNA HAPPEN LA LA LA

POSISTIVE THINKING

come one!!!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Agree - positive thinking.

And what happens if it is no doesn't bear thinking about anyway.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
The thing that keeps coming back to haunt me is when Norman Baker said on the Phone in that on 86% of the times the Planning Inspector has said "NO" Prescott has backed him!!

I just hope we are one of the 14%

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
I don't think now is the right time to talk about a "no". It just encourages those making the decision to think it's something we may accept.

:falmer: :falmerspi :falmer:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Charlies Shinpad said:
The thing that keeps coming back to haunt me is when Norman Baker said on the Phone in that on 86% of the times the Planning Inspector has said "NO" Prescott has backed him!!

I just hope we are one of the 14%
This is hardly a run-of-the-mill planning application of the sort that would normally find its way to Whitehall though. How many other applications would he deal with that has such a high profile groundswell of opinion in favour of it ? It could be a real political "hot potato" in Sussex, and the decision will probably be influenced as much by politics as the merits of the application itself (although that would obviously never be stated publically).

Last edited:

Jan 26, 2004
I would either jump of the office block where I work, the Orwell Bridge just outside Ipswich, or go to his office with Sausages strapped to my chest saying that I would blow us both up if he didn't change his answer to yes!!!

Only kidding of course, but would be very upset, and would probably turn the supposed "Area of Natural Beauty" at Falmer into a dump, whereby the nimbys would be begging for a purpose built community football ground to be built to tidy the place up a bit.

Just one of many thoughts.................

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
THINK POSITIVE

but.. if the unthinkable happens I think we have shown our ability
to mobilise support effectively and at very short notice.
No politician would ever admit to that being a consideration when
making a decision but it would always be in the back of of their minds.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Easy 10 said:
This is hardly a run-of-the-mill planning application of the sort that would normally find its way to Whitehall though. How many other applications would he deal with that has such a high profile groundswell of opinion in favour of it ? It could be a real political "hot potato" in Sussex, and the decision will probably be influenced as much by politics as the merits of the application itself (although that would obviously never be stated publically).
What about the petrol strikes though?.The whole country ground to a halt and prescott had immense pressure on him to reduce fuel duty.What did he do...tell everyone to f*** emselves and pay it.

Think positive

Planning is just the legal stuff. The decision will be political and with the highest council tax bills due in brighton and hove the government will want to deflect attention......by granting us our stadium around the time when those bills are due to drop through the letterbox.

Sainsbury's and tesco's never seem to have problems when they want to build.Sainsbury's in rustington was built against much opposition and on asite tyhe same size as falmer...no problem

Nov 3, 2003
i cant believe the club hasnt a plan B even DICk aint that stupid surely? in any case can see the atmosphere being very volatile and all needs is a goal conceeded in dodgy circumstances and a pitch invasion at the very least, dont think decision timing will be based on anything but when the government i mean looney lefties get round to it.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
On previous similar cases in the South, Prescott has said:

Barnet? No

Arsenal? Yes

Bastard.

But if it's out of three, he has the chance to redeem himself but keeping to his recent positive instincts (oh, and if he fancies reversing the Bees decision any time soon, that'd be nice too. . .)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports