• I'd give up my season ticket but still support the club

Votes: 43 14.1%
  • I'd performatively flounce out but be back in 6 months

Votes: 15 4.9%
  • I'd stop buying club merchandise but still show up at games

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • I'd not change anything to how I currently do things

Votes: 76 24.9%
  • I'd be all in - We're winning the Quadruple baby!

Votes: 12 3.9%

• Total voters

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But is Ashley that bad? Not the best owner but hardly comparable to Archer & Belloti

He's not exactly charming or effective PR-wise, but he's bought players in for £40m and players on £100kp/w+

We can't compete with that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tough call, and one I and many others would struggle with, how can you walk away from a club you have in your bones, it means so much to me, I protested before and would again. I think protesting against a takeover would ultimately fail with so much money involved.

I would probably protest, and if unsuccessful, I would with a very heavy heart never go back, if you feel so strongly about certain issues in the world, you have to stand by them and make a stand. I would obviously look for their results, but support another league team would be very hard to do, the passion would not be there, more importantly the history I have with the Albion. I would be extremely upset, possible lead to depression and heavy drinking for a while...

I would either give up on football or support a team with good ethics like Lewes, I doubt I could watch football with the same enthusiasm, and probably struggle for a while.

I would be heartbroken.
Because I don't want a murderous sovereign state buying my bones for 30 pieces of silver and a few trinkets.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
But is Ashley that bad? Not the best owner but hardly comparable to Archer & Belloti

Exactly. Ashley maybe loathsome as an individual but he hardly ran the club into the ground. The football may have been dull, but he had spent a lot of money, kept the team in the top two divisions, gained European football and racked up some Championship titles. It is hardly the tale of woe the Geordies are making out.

Not even in the same league as Archer & Belloti

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Because I don't want a murderous sovereign state buying my bones for 30 pieces of silver and a few trinkets.

I get that, but it is hard walk, one with your head down, tears rolling & a heavy heart, but one I would walk for the reasons you state and are glaringly obvious to anyone with a conscious...

I hope it never happens, I would take it bad, probably worse than if the wife left me.

(at least every now and again, the albion give me 90 mins of joy):lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I get that, but it is hard walk, one with your head down, tears rolling & a heavy heart, but one I would walk for the reasons you state and are glaringly obvious to anyone with a conscious...

I hope it never happens, I would take it bad, probably worse than if the wife left me.

Oh it wouldn't be easy but by the same token it would also be incredibly easy, the decision is made for me.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Fully accept it's probably the age/stage I'm at in my football supporting life, but for me it would be the straw that breaks this particular back. I've little love for the PL as it is.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Quite easy to think I'd walk away from the club but it's easy to think that without it actually happening, I'd like to think I'd wash my hands of something I've loved all my life but in reality I'm not sure I'd keep my word and eventually give in to heart over head.

So I think I'd have to say whilst unhappy with the situation I'd still show my support to the team but lob the occasional sandal at the directors box.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It would be very upsetting, but there would be no choice for me. I'd be out.

Think Lewes would be the winner in that scenario. Not quite the same but I'd be down there on an occasional basis for sure.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Exactly. Ashley maybe loathsome as an individual but he hardly ran the club into the ground. The football may have been dull, but he had spent a lot of money, kept the team in the top two divisions, gained European football and racked up some Championship titles. It is hardly the tale of woe the Geordies are making out.

Not even in the same league as Archer & Belloti

Quite, compare them with their mates up the road in Sunderland also.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If after failed protests a Saudi takeover happened I'd sever ties and walk away.

This. The Saudis would never get a penny of my money.

But in the real world, it isn't going to hapen with our current owner in the chair. Almost every day something happens that makes you realise just how lucky we are.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The support someone else option but not with the same emotions. Just for a good football day out. No way would I continue with the Albion if owned by the Saudis or similar.

Same, nearly. I’d walk away from the Albion but I’d struggle to have any enthusiasm for any other club. I voted option two as my thoughts are not covered in the poll.

I might switch to a season ticket at Harlequins for my sport fix

I’ve already switched my support from Spurs, my glory hunting young kid team to the Albion. I couldn’t do it again and I couldn’t go back to supporting Spurs. The love is dead

The poll results so far suggest that very few feel as strongly as I do. We have a few Newcastle style fans, bring on the glory. It seems less than 20% feel strongly enough to walk away, not that surprised tbh though. There would be a stampede of glory hunters to take the “walk away” fans place.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It might feel like the end of a journey - but maybe on to a trophy-winning era. However not all Saudis are revoltingly rich.

Personally, I have no problem with it. Sir Tony Bloom makes his money from other gambler's misery albeit in a more accepted way in poker and being a lifelong supporter.

It's not going to happen so nothing to worry about. :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It might feel like the end of a journey - but maybe on to a trophy-winning era. However not all Saudis are revoltingly rich.

Personally, I have no problem with it. Sir Tony Bloom makes his money from other gambler's misery albeit in a more accepted way in poker and being a lifelong supporter.

It's not going to happen so nothing to worry about. :thumbsup:

Good luck making that logic stick.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
poll results surprise me.

We have a billionaire owner who has sunk hundred of millions in. Without that we wouldnt be anything

Not that more of a leap is it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here