Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] If Sunak offered a referendum on bringing back the death penalty would you...

If Sunk offered a referendum on bringing back the death penalty - manifesto promise - would you

• Vote tory as planned

Votes: 14 6.6%
  • Switch to voting tory

Votes: 8 3.8%
  • Vote not tory as planned

Votes: 185 86.9%
  • Switch from voting tory to 'other'

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, I guess some who are opposed to the death penalty may switch to voting tory just to get this 'over and done with' but since it has not been an issue in the forefront of public debate that would be a bit weird.

By 'switch from voting tory' I mean you planned to vote tory but would change your vote if Sunak proposed this as an election bauble.

A simple poll, I'd suggest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The irony being that it costs more to execute someone that it does to imprison them for life.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
We leave the ECHR when Dishy Rischi gets back in and we could have a proper referendum on state murdering... or not bother with another f***ing vote.

And if it gets through (or doesn't need to) it can be promoted as a Brexit benefit and an up yours to lefty lawyers and judges,

In that case I favour public hangings outside village post offices as they are the very heart and soul of our community and untouched by any legal grubbiness.

Swift justice.

Save a shit load on compensation.

Importantly there needs to be a defined line on who gets topped and who just goes to prison. I reckon that should be decided by whoever has collected the most tokens from The Daily Express.

The tokens will be called "Pierrepoint Points"

Hand me a noose

Justice is coming.

hello Justin

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Given that it is mainly older Britains and Conservative voters who support the death penalty, like the NS announcement, it’s only going to appeal to existing Tory voters or Reform supporters so announcing a referendum as an election manifesto is unlikely to sway a significant number of voters.

Now if you asked if people would change their vote to Tories if Sunak promised a referendum on rejoining the EU, that might have some traction. But the real question you seem to be asking is do the public support the death penalty more than they hate the Tories? That has to be a resounding ‘no’.

(Unless it’s reintroduced for this Government instead of by them, in which case it‘s a resounding ‘yes‘ 😉

1716775229570.gif

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I feel discriminated against!
Where‘s the option for people who have never voted Tory in their life, who are less likely to vote Tory than they are to cut off their own arm with a rusty penknife, and who have always been vehemently opposed to the death penalty!

HWT out!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Even though I would support the the return of capital punishment, for the very worst of multiple crimes and very strict rules on the strength of the evidence, I would not vote in this manner because 1) Parliament would never agree to it, 2) public opinion is against it - so it would not happen.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Gibbets from every lamppost please. Make Britain gangrenous again.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

If Sunk offered a referendum on bringing back the death penalty - manifesto promise - would you make sure it applied to the criminals that have stolen everything, led to the premature deaths of thousands, supported genocide and grown wealthy as millions tumble into poverty?​

My thoughts exactly.

A prolific serial killer murdered lots of care home residents during Covid. Will he be in the queue?

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I can’t change my vote and i miss read and voted ‘switch from Tory to other’. What i meant was switch from Labour to other. but not an option

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We leave the ECHR when Dishy Rischi gets back in and we could have a proper referendum on state murdering... or not bother with another f***ing vote.

And if it gets through (or doesn't need to) it can be promoted as a Brexit benefit and an up yours to lefty lawyers and judges,

In that case I favour public hangings outside village post offices as they are the very heart and soul of our community and untouched by any legal grubbiness.

Swift justice.

Save a shit load on compensation.

Importantly there needs to be a defined line on who gets topped and who just goes to prison. I reckon that should be decided by whoever has collected the most tokens from The Daily Express.

The tokens will be called "Pierrepoint Points"

Hand me a noose

Justice is coming.

hello Justin
I think you have seen through the wheeze.....

The referendum, which will be offered before a general election (I'm guessing the one after this), will be just like the Brexit vote. A simple yes or no.

Of course politicians will discuss with the media where to draw the line (anything from premeditated murder to bringing the name of this great nation into disrepute).

Of course there will be scare mongering.

Of course there will be discussions in the media about whether it should be done humanely or with maximum pain.

There will be champions on each side; patriots on one and wishy-washy apologists for pedophiles on the other

And a brilliant an charismatic leader will emerge, promising to get Exit done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here