Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Spurs are your 2nd team

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
2nd team?????? Really?? Don't get it.............You can only really support one team (please note, for added effect, I have emphasised the word support!!)......... every other team can only, at best, rate as a mild interest???

bloody JCL's

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I agree, the concept of a second team is a bit of a weird one. When you give your heart, soul and self wholly to one team how can you even consider a dalliance with another? …..and yet this is the position I’ve found myself in since moving to Sussex in the early 1970s.

I suppose I’m in the bizarre, but not unique, position (judging by the people around me in the Upper West – cue ranting about “Plastics”) of The Albion being my second team. I am first and foremost a Wednesdayite and I’m afraid I can’t change that.

We’re from Sheffield and my father, who knew nothing of football, divvied up the teams. I got the blue one and my sister got the red one, the die was cast. When we moved to Milan and I got the blue team and my sister got the red one. Then we moved to Brighton and I got the blue team and, in the absence of a red team, so did my sister!!

So, in spite of the fact that I’ve seen the Albion play more times than Wednesday and I’ve had season tickets at The Goldstone, Withdean and The Amex, The Owls are still and will always be my first love. My 40 year old affair with The Albion continues but I’m married to the mob from Owlerton that wear the blue and white, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health for long as…………….

THIS 10000000000% Shame you come from the South Riding, which is in effect in Derbyshire.

west Yorkshire La la laaaaa

:O

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
THIS 10000000000% Shame you come from the South Riding, which is in effect in Derbyshire.

west Yorkshire La la laaaaa

:O

Agree the border post and passport control is only 500yds walk from "Bee-chiff" but that still makes it Yorkshire:lolol:

Anyway, nowt wrong wit Darbyshire lad, some of my favourite walks are up and around The Edges.

........and some of my favourite afternoons/evenings have been spent in the Derby Tup or Chesterfield Arms.

Last edited:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I was born in London but don't feel the need to have a London club as my 2nd team.

Also before I was born, my nan was very well associated with tottenham to the point where a lot of the players used to go round her house twice a month on Sundays for tea, players like Danny blanchflower, Dave Mackey, bobby smith and jimmy greaves were often visitors.
So the fact I was born up there and family links, that's why they're my second team

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Also before I was born, my nan was very well associated with tottenham to the point where a lot of the players used to go round her house twice a month on Sundays for tea, players like Danny blanchflower, Dave Mackey, bobby smith and jimmy greaves were often visitors.
So the fact I was born up there and family links, that's why they're my second team

I think I might be a full on Spurs fan with a background like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here