If something is thrown onto the pitch at a player

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Drogba should be banned for a very, very long time, as Carragher should have been when he did it.

What he did is no different to the fan throwing a coin onto the pitch, in fact if anything it is even more dangerous as there is a higher chance of him hitting someone.

If the fan is caught he will probably be banned from every football ground in the country. Drogba will prbably get a couple games ban and a fine equaling something like half a days work.

And no, this isn't an anti Chelsea, or anti Premeirship thing. I would think exactly the same even it were an Albion player.

No excuse whatsoever.

Totally disagree, Drogba has just scored a goal and is celebrating, some moron in the stands has thrown a coin at him and in the heat of the moment he is angry and has thrown it back.

The instigator of this action was the supporter by initially throwing the coin on the pitch and he should face a sever penalty. Drogba was dealt with by the referee in giving him a yellow card.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Totally disagree, Drogba has just scored a goal and is celebrating, some moron in the stands has thrown a coin at him and in the heat of the moment he is angry and has thrown it back.

The instigator of this action was the supporter by initially throwing the coin on the pitch and he should face a sever penalty. Drogba was dealt with by the referee in giving him a yellow card.

So if I got angry, and in the heat of the moment sexually assaulted you, would that be ok?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
So the moral of the story is, two wrongs do actually make a right, as long as you're angry and it's in the heat of the moment.
Bollocks isn't it? They should throw the book at Drogba. Although according to the posters above, he will then have the right to hurl it back.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Bollocks isn't it? They should throw the book at Drogba. Although according to the posters above, he will then have the right to hurl it back.

:laugh:

I imagine the fan who threw it would get banned from Burnley and all away games if they find out who it was, so it would be ridiculous to give Drogba a two or three game ban and a few grand fine. They both committed the same offence (except Drogba threw it wildly back with no control over who it would hit) so the punishment must be relatively similar. Can't see it happening though.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
so if the coin is thrown back and hits someone else, they can then lob it back at another player, who then throws it back.............could go on til the whole team is thrown off and half the crowd ejected..!!!

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
If something is thrown onto the pitch at a player, do they have a right to throw it back?

Just seen on Sky Sports News that after Drogba scored, some idiot in the crowd threw something on the pitch, aimed at Drogba, so in response, he flicked the v's and threw it back, and got a yellow card for it.

Surely the idiot who threw something should be the one getting in to trouble and not the player on the recieving end of it.

you do start some shit threads:shootself

Scott29

May 11, 2008
Hove
nothing will happen, the fa will shit themselves, give drogba a fine of about £10 then ban the fan for life!

He's too high profile, like Terry when he rugby tackled someone they panicked and let him off, disgrace.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
nothing will happen, the fa will shit themselves, give drogba a fine of about £10 then ban the fan for life!

He's too high profile, like Terry when he rugby tackled someone they panicked and let him off, disgrace.

:yawn:

I think you forget that the players are there to entertain the crowd.

Drogba scored and then the people who were there to watch him throw a coin at him, of course the perpretator should be severely dealt with. I don't condone what Drogba did and he has since apologised but the matter was dealt with by the referee at the time and a line should be drawn under it once the original perpretator has been caught and prosecuted.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
gone are the halycon days when it was run of the mill to see people with sharp pointy objects embedded in their skulls after a game .

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I agree, it is Chelsea, of course he will be let off. They carry more power than God himself*

*but less than Manchester United

Baloney

Jimmy Grimble

Oi Crodonilson, are you being a spastic on purpose?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Good to see NSC isn't failing to provide the traditional nonsense-talking minority.

If Mendoza assaulted me, and I turned round and punched Trigger back (purely chosen at random from the few NSCers I know, obviously...) I'd be just as bad as Mendoza. To suggest it's fair for me to receive a punishment in any way smaller is ridiculous.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I agree, it is Chelsea, of course he will be let off. They carry more power than God himself*

*but less than Manchester United

I think you will find that Ferrari are closer to God at the moment than Manchester United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports