Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If sold, which player will Brighton get the most money for?

If sold, who will Brighton get the most money for?

• Alexis Mac Allister

Votes: 102 50.5%
  • Moisés Caicedo

Votes: 90 44.6%
  • Robert Sánchez

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Kaoru Mitoma

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Another Player

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
McAllister currently worth around £75m , Moises around £70 m

Mitoma if he carries on playing as he is will be £60m by end of this season
BBC Gossip today:

Liverpool, Juventus, Benfica and Borussia Dortmund are interested in Brighton and Argentina star Alexis Mac Allister, 24, who may be available for between £31m and £35m. (La Repubblica - in Italian)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Difficult to go across the decades, case in point is Jeff Powell putting Messi behind Pele and Maradona in the GOAT debate, and puts John Charles before both Best and Ronaldo.

Attribute by attribute I still think Lawrenson overall is better than any player we’ve ever seen in an Albion shirt in the modern era ( ie Mullery Mark One onwards)
I remember Lawrenson as being the best I had seen at the Goldstone, but half his performances were in the championship (equivalent) and half in the lower echelons of the first division. Looking at what we have seen the last few seasons, I'm not so sure that Dunk hasn't already overtaken him as Albion's GOAT ???

Currently AliMac would get most money, but wouldn't bet against Caicedo overtaking him, although this doesn't define Albion GOAT (Biss, White, Cuc anyone ?)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I remember Lawrenson as being the best I had seen at the Goldstone, but half his performances were in the championship (equivalent) and half in the lower echelons of the first division. Looking at what we have seen the last few seasons, I'm not so sure that Dunk hasn't already overtaken him as Albion's GOAT ???

Currently AliMac would get most money, but wouldn't bet against Caicedo overtaking him, although this doesn't define Albion GOAT (Biss, White, Cuc anyone ?)
But the season Lawro really showed up on Liverpool's radar was in the top flight, 80/81.

I'm in awe of Dunky but to talk about him and Lawro in the same breath is wide of the mark.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
According to some reports Mac Allister has a £35m release clause in his contract which, if true, is bad contract negotiating by us, could result in a feeding frenzy + it does seem uncharacteristically naive on our part.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
According to some reports Mac Allister has a £35m release clause in his contract which, if true, is bad contract negotiating by us, could result in a feeding frenzy + it does seem uncharacteristically naive on our part.
Gotta be rubbish as we needn't have bothered giving him a new contract if that was the case.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's still a heavy mark up on what we paid for him and gives a few readies to pay for the next five or six wonder kids from the americas

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
People still going on about Lawro, Ward etc. The game has moved on massively. Players of that generation wouldn't even be able to get on the ball. It's a totally different game. We've all watched it live. Watch the players. Watch the time they have on the ball. It's just daft to even try and make a comparison. Even just purely on fitness they wouldn't get close.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Where are these reports I've just trawled twitter and can't find

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
People still going on about Lawro, Ward etc. The game has moved on massively. Players of that generation wouldn't even be able to get on the ball. It's a totally different game. We've all watched it live. Watch the players. Watch the time they have on the ball. It's just daft to even try and make a comparison. Even just purely on fitness they wouldn't get close.
Yes, but if they were playing now they wouldn't still be getting 1980s coaching and dietary advice. If Lawro was modern he would still be an exceptional player even by today's standards and methods.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But the season Lawro really showed up on Liverpool's radar was in the top flight, 80/81.

I'm in awe of Dunky but to talk about him and Lawro in the same breath is wide of the mark.
I'll add it to my long list of things we disagree about :wink:

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Mac Allister is worth more right now, but come the end of the season his WC hype will have dropped off and I suspect Moises will have surpassed him.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Yes, but if they were playing now they wouldn't still be getting 1980s coaching and dietary advice. If Lawro was modern he would still be an exceptional player even by today's standards and methods.
You'd hope. Those players might've not even made if through the ludicrously hard and harsh youth team system.
It's a bit like the likes of Maradona etc. We know they played high on drugs and drunk. Those type of players could quite as easily be on the scrapheap at 16 in today's football. Pure ability simply isn't enough these days. The reality is the base level is MUCH higher now. The level of expectation is much higher. The scrutiny is much higher. The physical demands are much higher.
It's not about being the best kid at your school anymore.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where are these reports I've just trawled twitter and can't find

His dad has been talking about Juventus at least

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Yet Jeff Powell puts Pele and Maradona above Messi and John Charles before the petulant Ronaldo. 🤷‍♂️

Lawro would have been class in whatever era he played, but nowadays, superior coaching, better pitches, less actual game time, injury free he would have been at the top table.

Whilst my generation have a tendency to get all dewie eyed about the good old days, younger fans surely should acknowledge football didn’t ’start’ at the beginning of the PL in 1992 or the opening of the Amex in 2011. 👍

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

His dad has been talking about Juventus at least

Don’t know about anyone else on here, but I think for Mac Snr to post that on social media at this time, is extremely inappropriate. 🙈

Think it, even talk about it, but don’t make it that public when the player is contracted to another club, our club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Following bit;

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Depends which club wants any of them, soppy bollox no recruitment team Chelsea would buy anything that had a Sky Sports thumbs up game,and basically you could ask whatever you wanted for players like Caciedo because he's probably in the top 5 in the EPL in the position he plays.

There's absolutely not a chance in hell we'll be selling any of our first team squad in this window,not whilst we're in and around the top 7.

European football is the next target for Brighton and Hove Albion and who's to say that's not a realistic target this season.

Mr Bloom is certainly no mug and to sell our best players in this window makes absolutely no sense if we're hoping to spend some time in Transylvania next season.

If I was a betting man and I had a quid to place on the player I thought would fetch the most money from another club in the Summer id probably just take a punt on Estupinan, he's just getting better with every game and he will not go unnoticed to the lazy boy's who can't be arsed to scout players properly.

Of all our squad the player I'd just hate to see gone is Mitoma, he's the sort of player that gets bums off seats,just brilliant when he gets going.

But relax nobody is going anywhere,well maybe Ferguson on loan to QPR or Millwall will do him no harm at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here