If Scotland votes yes, should Cameron resign ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Scotland votes for independence, should Cameron resign?

• Yes

Votes: 70 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 100 54.1%
  • Who is this Cameron of whom you speak ?

Votes: 15 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Cameron Clegg & Miliband should be locked up without trlal if Scotland chooses independence - Alex Salmond should be interned along with others that support independence and we should strike early and seize the naval ports and bases we set up for our defence.

This is a cock up of the highest order!

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
be interesting to see how many English left wingers do take the opportunity to head north.
v

No, we will fight for a similar situation in England (he said sat in Spain). I genuinely believe it will be a wake up call to the rest of the country. Someone said that right now there are 3 charismatic speakers, Farage, Salmond and Boris Johnson. That is some choice.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
v

No, we will fight for a similar situation in England (he said sat in Spain). I genuinely believe it will be a wake up call to the rest of the country. Someone said that right now there are 3 charismatic speakers, Farage, Salmond and Boris Johnson. That is some choice.

So given a choice would you want to live in a nuclear weapon free, House of Lords free country that doesn’t engage in dubious wars. Just asking.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Fair enough but as a Labour supporter you won't get a say. If Cameron loses the union, his reputation will be in the Eden-Chamberlain category as someone who has disgraced Tory values (to whit, keeping the realm united). He will be annihilated by his own.
It's on a knife edge - and the irony is Tory unionists have no more say - its down now to the right and left wings of Old Labour to move the small percentages - that's Gordon Brown and George Galloway. If there is a union in 8 days's time -it will be down to the efforts of these two men, rightly or wrongly

I am led to believe Labour voters in Scotland are basically going to decide the referendum.

The three main parties putting Gordon Brown up to save the day shows how much they are panicking. Cameron and Clegg can't stand him and Milliband has spent the last four years distancing himself from him.

I suspect if the No camp win he will return to Scotland to head up Scottish Labour and take on Salmond.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
If Scotland opts for independence and Cameron doesn't resign I imagine the Conservatives may well oust him ahead of the election. I suspect this may have been in Boris's mind in trying to get himself selected as a candidate now. There is the possibility of a leadership challenge before the year is out. I don't think I would bet on it but it is a possibility.

D

Deleted member 22389

This is really a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Scots, so I hope the Scots vote Yes. Quite frankly it is an insult how Cam, Clegg and Millipede have all rushed up there at the last minute. They only care about themselfes and their own images at the end of the day, and may be if we had a strong manufacturing sector across the whole of the UK these financial institutions wouldn't be holding the Scottish people to ransom by saying they are going to move jobs out of Scotland.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yes. But Miliband has just potentially wrecked labours chances of ever winning another GE too

The whole lot of the Westminster jolly boys are responsible.

Laissez faire *****.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
concerning the party name "Conservative and Unionist Party", i have come to learn that this name hasnt actually been in use since 1965, and refers to the union with Ireland. has nothing to do with Scotland.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I'm no fan of Cameron, but it was a pretty good speech tonight.

We could be waking up to a very different Britain on Thursday.

A PM on borrowed time, and an unelectable Labour Party.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
If Scotland opts for independence and Cameron doesn't resign I imagine the Conservatives may well oust him ahead of the election. I suspect this may have been in Boris's mind in trying to get himself selected as a candidate now. There is the possibility of a leadership challenge before the year is out. I don't think I would bet on it but it is a possibility.

What an interesting analysis concerning Boris' timing. I've been struggling to make sense of it - the natural time to run for a seat would have been the General Election. However, you might have just nailed it...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
concerning the party name "Conservative and Unionist Party", i have come to learn that this name hasnt actually been in use since 1965, and refers to the union with Ireland. has nothing to do with Scotland.

So the Sweaties going their own way will play alright with the majority of the Tory MPs?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I am led to believe Labour voters in Scotland are basically going to decide the referendum.

The three main parties putting Gordon Brown up to save the day shows how much they are panicking. Cameron and Clegg can't stand him and Milliband has spent the last four years distancing himself from him.

I suspect if the No camp win he will return to Scotland to head up Scottish Labour and take on Salmond.

I'm more concerned that 16 year olds, who in the main haven't a clue, might decide the outcome. As for Cameron I suspect the Conservative Party wouldn't be unhappy if he did resign. For if Scotland stays in the union they'd more chance of being realected without him at the helm. At least with Boris we could smile through our misery.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I don't really get why her Maj won't state an opinion, surely that's her job - unless she wants them to go. Her Balmoral holidays will be foreign trips if they leave.

no they wont. she will be head of state. all this information is widely available.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Yes. But Miliband has just potentially wrecked labours chances of ever winning another GE too

The whole lot of the Westminster jolly boys are responsible.

Laissez faire *****.

effectively its been a generation and class who simply do not have the skills to manage the UK as a nation state. simply the social class and opportunity. history throws up examples of many weak and innefctual kings and rulers, and will judge this generation as the same. to collapse in front of a nationalist movement, cravenly collapsing at every turn, allowing an unprecedented reduction in the voting age, surely aware of the cynical motivations behind it, the acceptance that no other part of the UK would be able to have a say in the potential changes and effects the referendum would bring, is nmothing short of scandalous.

meanwhile we all slug it out over whether they are the reddies or the blueys depending on which one is our favourite colour.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We have gone from a situation where No was miles ahead in any opinion poll to one where the two camps are neck and neck with yes making the running.

So no credit to the Yes campaign then? Just blame the Tories for Everything.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Absolutely.

It's one of the biggest debacles possible if the UK breaks up, so in answer to the original question, then if it does happen under Cameron's watch, he has to GO.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'm amazed that so many people have voted no on this poll. Surely "not causing your country to cease existing" is pretty near the top of a national leader's (and de facto head of state's) job spec.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Prime Minister that lost Scotland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports