Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Sami had stayed another month

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sami would still be here if he hadn't walked away as Bloom had no intention of sacking him - scary

And there would still have been plenty of lickers on here, insisting we should get behind Semi, despite the fact that anyone with half a brain cell could see he was clearly ****ing clueless.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The Hyppia era will be remembered as one of the weirdest episodes in recent times. I've little doubt that we'd have lamely drifted to relegation with him still here. I never bought into the idea that the January window would be an opportunity for him to re-ignite our season.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Going to be a bit tricky, we certainly lack class. Let's hope Kayak brings it. The Millwall game will be pivotal, both points-wise and psychologically. We need more goals.

Well on Saturday you're facing a team whose manager has to prove himself out of the traps. "Pyscho" was hugely popular in Nottiingham, there will be a lot of Forest fans feeling he should have been given longer in post I suspect. And no doubt he'll be there watching.

Dougie didn't have a good record at Bolton and although he had a couple of seasons playing at Forest between 1998-2000 I'm not aware he did spectacularly well there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dougie_Freedman

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Samaritans would have been putting in additional phone lines to cope with an increase in calls.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sami would still be here if he hadn't walked away as Bloom had no intention of sacking him - scary

That's the most frightening thing of all. TB had set out his stall and gone back to Oz. Lucky for us that Hyypia forced his hand by resigning and managed to bring down Burke with him. Shame its taken the entire first half of the season to get to a stage where we can actually start to build something. Oh well, better late than never.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If Sami had still been in post, I think we would have splashed out for some over-priced players during the window. I'm sure that was TB's Plan A, to give Sami a(nother?) chance. I'm sure TB's comments about having money to spend in January were made while Sami was still in post, before there was any thought of him resigning.

Sami's resignation forced Plan B into action - change of manager, steady the ship, financial prudence in January and prepare for a summer of business with, most importantly, not having to fish around for another new manager. I much prefer Plan B..........

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So Hughton has used his power to sign Kayal & Best.To replace Bennett,Bent & Gardner.

Not exactly a recruitment drive is it.

I think the headline for me is: Hughton used his power to not bring back Gardner on loan... This transfer window is a win based on this alone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here