Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Russia World Cup is taken away

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I would not want it here.

Us and the USA are the most outspoken about the corruption in FIFA, till that is sorted out fully why would we want to help them get richer?

Because having a World Cup here would be absolutely A M A Z I N G

Oct 25, 2003
it should really go to one of the other bidding nations from the 2018 bid. Australia and the USA would both do great jobs and both should feel very cheesed off at Qatar getting awarded it but both were solely bidding for 2022

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Assuming their bid was 'clean' then the Aussies ought to be in with a good shout.

Never hosted the WC, has a very good infrastructure, in a sports mad country with a proven record for hosting major sports championships including one of the better regarded Olympics and the Rugby WC. Should be an attractive destination for global footie fans.

I think Australia would be a success but the biggest problem for fans watching at home would be the time difference. 2am, 5am and 8am kick-offs. Ouch!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think Australia would be a success but the biggest problem for fans watching at home would be the time difference. 2am, 5am and 8am kick-offs. Ouch!

It would probably be similar to Japan with GMT kick-off's around 7.00 am on the east side. Matches in WA with evening kick off's would mean midday here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here