Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Prescott says no....

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
dave the gaffer said:
are we advocating a civil disobediance statement at the Plymouth game????

Because if it is true that there is no future at the club if Flamer is rejected, then what the hell does it matter if we run on the pitch with a banner reading............" BHA RIP 2004"

I'm well up for that my man! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
sullyupthewing said:
I don't want to piss on the fireworks, BUT I think LDC and a few individuals will try for a judicial (I think that's how its spelt) verdict.
I was told that there was no right of appeal after the judicial review. Have I got it wrong? Could those bar stewards in Lewes continue with their anti-Albion campaign?

mona said:
I was told that there was no right of appeal after the judicial review. Have I got it wrong? Could those bar stewards in Lewes continue with their anti-Albion campaign?

All a judicial review would look at, is to judge whether correct procedure was followed during the enquiry. They would not be interested in the pro's and con's of the stadium itself. As far as I know, there's nothing to stop anyone requesting a judicial review. I believe the nimbies have already made noises about this already? I believe there has to be some kind of pre trial review by a judge, to decide if there is a case to answer. The Withdean nimbies tried for a review as a delaying tactic, but it backfired on them when the judge at the pre trial stage, asked them for some kind of financial bond up front. They soon threw in the towel!

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falmerites try the same stunt. If their legal team are any good, hopefully they'll be advised to drop the idea.

Doesn't bear thinking about !

However, I'd suggest trying for both Waterhall (I know, I know ! But everyone who has ever heard of the Albion knows it's the correct spot - AONB my bottom - it's an old landfill !) and the waste land between Newhaven and Seaford on the sea side of the main road.
Not sure how you'd improve the access from Brighton to the ground at the second site, possibly a brave new bridge from the west side of the river to the east side avoiding the necessity of driving over the swing bridge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here