Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If our results matched our performances, we'd be THIRD.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Colunga, March and Stephens all serve to make our bench all the better but none probably deserve to oust their equivalents in the first XI?

And being frankly honest why all the hyperbole about March? He scored one 'good' goal against Norwich two preseasons ago and now he's hailed as some KLL equivalent for out other wing. Competent and good to see from a local youngster coming through but he's not exactly in the special player category yet surely?
Did you watch Solly March last year? In my opinion he is one of our most valuable players (£3m+?) and will be a massive positive when he returns.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Colunga, March and Stephens all serve to make our bench all the better but none probably deserve to oust their equivalents in the first XI?

And being frankly honest why all the hyperbole about March? He scored one 'good' goal against Norwich two preseasons ago and now he's hailed as some KLL equivalent for out other wing. Competent and good to see from a local youngster coming through but he's not exactly in the special player category yet surely?

I think those three will really be pushing for our first 14. As regards March, I'm not indulging in hyperbole, and am with you in that we should reserve judgment and wait to see what he actually achieves. That said, he's a talent, with a number of key attributes but, at the moment, it's his potential -- rather than number of assists, goals scored, game-changing passages, and so on -- that we're holding on to.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
The negative confirmation bias mob will ignore these data.

For me, they are compelling and fit with the evidence of my own eyes that we have some very good players and a decent system that challenges our opposition.

I expect us to climb the (real) table during the rest of this season.

I agree with you.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Someone really should make a chart of all this kind of stuff...

Only one chart that counts and that is the League Table.

But http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ayerStatistics/England-Championship-2014-2015 do a fair job of analysis.

We come in about twelfth which roughly corresponds with our goal difference of minus 3.

I think too much analysis is rather stunting to play. Note that strikers get dispossessed and lose the ball more readily than defenders.

The relative figures are interesting. If a player loses the ball in dangerous positions more than once in a match that is quite bad bad for defenders. Expected for strikers, although a striker that can hold on to the ball (none) is worth his weight in gold.

Getting fouled two or three times in a game is unusual. Eight times that Lualua got fouled away at Norwich is almost unprecedented. Average 2.7 a game, but that includes sub appearances, so he is the most fouled player in the Championship.

Derby come out on top in most important aspects of play. Ahead of us both in possession and pass success, but not in shots per game: http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2014-2015

Last edited:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Did you watch Solly March last year? In my opinion he is one of our most valuable players (£3m+?) and will be a massive positive when he returns.

Yes I did. Season ticket holder etc. But I thought despite playing with perhaps a modicum of maturity beyond his years he flattered to deceive somewhat. No goals, how many actual assists (?) or how much game changing involvement?

His potential is potentially worth something but as yet im genuinely unmoved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here