Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] If offered, would you take a point from Palace now?

If offered, would you take a point from Palace now?

• Yes, of course.

Votes: 61 17.3%
  • Absolutely not - do you take me to be some sort of chicken?

Votes: 291 82.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gonzo BHA

Sep 3, 2004
BN1
We'll go there to win and I'd be disappointed with anything other than three points. I believe Zaha is out as well which will only strengthen our chances. We really should be beating teams like Palace...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Pretty much any other Palace game in history, yes.

Not this time.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Go. For It. Death or glory. Shit or bust. Winner takes all. No retreat, no surrender.

^^ That's what my attitude is.

I'm fully aware that everything points to a Brighton win so we're going to obviously lose....but f*** it. We've lost 5-0 to them, we've lost in the play offs to them, they beat us in the most one sided game I've ever seen where they scored with their only two shots so one more defeat isn't the end of the world. The flip side is that if, for once, things go as they should there is a chance to absolutely batter them in their own back yard. I'll risk another defeat for the chance of that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nope - go for the win. A loss isn't the end of the world in the current situation, and we should at least draw this game, thus don't want to settle for it right now.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Dunk aside, do you think the players and staff we have currently actually GET what this means to us?
Tony Bloom might.

Solly (particularly with his early career Palace links) would too.

I'm not sure (m)any of the others would though.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
No. Last year we both had managers who try and keep their teams calm, which lead in part to two draws.

We’ve now get a manager with some actual bollocks. I expect a much, much better performance from us.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
There seems to be some confusion or ambiguity about what taking a point means.

Some are taking it to mean we should set up for a draw, and balk at that idea.

Some, like myself, think of course we should try and win it as usual, but if we don’t a draw will be okay.

With that in mind and the dangerousness of this fixture, I would take a draw but hope for a win.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We have the better team. We have the better players. We have the better manager. We have the better form. So logically, everything points towards a likely win. However, we've been here so often before and still come unstuck, because they routinely get outrageous luck against us, and they are snides.

The 1-2 defeat at the Amex, I have never seen a team (in any game, at any level, either live or on TV) get so totally schooled, so dominated, so comprehensively outplayed, so absolutely battered for 90 minutes and yet come away with a win. It was comical, without being very funny (not to us anyway).

Then there was the 1-1 up there when Batshuayi (6'1) dramaticall collapsed backwards in an aerial challenge at the far post with Lampty (5'4). The ref somehow bought it, Zaha put it away - their ONLY attempt on target in the entire game - and we had to wait for Alli Mac rescue a point in the 90th, in another game where once again we'd battered them.

So on the face of it I'd take the point, as a point on the road in the EPL is never really a bad result. But I find myself persuaded by the "f*** it" posts on here, and risk it for the 3 points. We're good enough. If they win, then they've won their little "cup final" again, and can come on here and wank themselves to a bloodied stump, as they would. But we've got far bigger fish to fry this season than a few bragging rights over an ailing club still playing in a crumbling slum in front of a bunch of dribbling slack-jawed ratboys. The trajectory of BHAFC and CPFC2010 are now at opposite ends of the spectrum. Thats all that matters really.

Last edited:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We have the better team. We have the better players. We have the better manager. We have the better form. So logically, everything points towards a likely win. However, we've been here so often before and still come unstuck, because they routinely get outrageous luck against us, and they are snides.

The 1-2 defeat at the Amex, I have never seen a team (in any game, at any level, either live or on TV) get so totally schooled, so dominated, so comprehensively outplayed, so absolutely battered for 90 minutes and yet come away with a win. It was comical, without being very funny (not to us anyway).

Then there was the 1-1 up there when Batshuayi (6'1) dramaticall collapsed backwards in an aerial challenge at the far post with Lampty (5'4). The ref somehow bought it, Zaha put it away - their ONLY attempt on target in the entire game - and we had to wait for Alli Mac rescue a point in the 90th, in another game where once again we'd battered them.

So on the face of it I'd take the point, as a point on the road in the EPL is never really a bad result. But I find myself persuaded by the "f*** it" posts on here, and risk it for the 3 points. We're good enough. If they win, then they've won their little "cup final" again, and can come on here and wank themselves to a bloodied stump, as they would. But we've got far bigger fish to fry this season than a few bragging rights over an ailing club still playing in a crumbling slum in front of a bunch of dribbling slack-jawed ratboys. The trajectory of BHAFC and CPFC2020 are now at opposite ends of the spectrum. Thats all that matters really.
All of this.

Can you IMAGINE if we properly dicked them in their backyard, though? We've seen it recently with the Everton game. It is absolutely possible that we steamroller them. I think I'd be the one with the bloodied stump. And if we don't, as you say we've been on the end of all manner of defeats against them so another one wouldn't really bother me.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All of this.

Can you IMAGINE if we properly dicked them in their backyard, though? We've seen it recently with the Everton game. It is absolutely possible that we steamroller them. I think I'd be the one with the bloodied stump. And if we don't, as you say we've been on the end of all manner of defeats against them so another one wouldn't really bother me.
That would indeed be fun.
But a scabby 94th minute winner deflected in off Dunk's arse, after they've missed a pen and hit the woodwork 3 times would be almost as good.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Normally yes, I'd settle for a point (that doesn't mean, and never has meant, that we should play for a point) but now, given the form we're in, I'd be very disappointed if we drop two points.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Complete with a Mourninho-like charge down the touchline in celebration from RDZ.
RDZ has the potential to be INCENDIARY on Saturday.

The stuff legends are made of!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here