Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If NSC was around in 1973

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That Jimmy Savile was on Top Of The Pops the other night. My sister's mate says she sucked him off in his dressing room afterwards. She's always lying that one, she said Gary Glitter fingered her after the Christmas Special too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thank goodness the Yom Kippur war has finally ended. No more worries about Arab- Israeli relations leading to international conflict. Phew!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Anyone fancy an NSC curry night?

You could all come round for a beef Vesta!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Are there any Trains Boxing Day when The Shots come down to visit? What Pub should i go to ? [Shots won 1 0 in front of 14831]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Has anybody got a 12" LP version of GOSBTS?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I was at both W&H games as well as the Rovers game. 12 goals conceeded in3-4 days, tell the youngsters of today....

The goals from W&H were actually shown on the national evening news, the game being an afternoon KO because of the floodlight ban, electricity cuts etc. tell the youngsters of today....

Albion were trying hard to come back from 1 down and were caught with 3 breakaway goals in something like the last 10 mins.

The Rovers game was just surreal. They were a top team and had loads in the South. They attacked the north goal (players, not fans!) and were 5-1 up by half time. Everytime they attacked the ball was in our net. I looked at linesman and ref each time, in vain. never seen anything like it.

But yes, we were the 1st team to score 2 against Rovers and we drew the return fixture at Eastville 1-1 & Rovers were promoted.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The Rovers game was just surreal. They were a top team and had loads in the South. They attacked the north goal (players, not fans!) and were 5-1 up by half time. Everytime they attacked the ball was in our net. I looked at linesman and ref each time, in vain. never seen anything like it.

But yes, we were the 1st team to score 2 against Rovers and we drew the return fixture at Eastville 1-1 & Rovers were promoted.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
It's not some non league kid from Burton we need. Binney is King.
Its defenders.
The boy Moore is looking for a move a sauce tells me. Why would he want to go to Fulham FFS ?

Arctic Roll anyone ?

NotJohnVinicombe

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I didn't sashay out of my mother for another 12 years after, but I do feel a bit less of a fan for not seeing some of the terrible/good times of the earlier years.

Youtube videos don't quite do it justice.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I missed the Bristol Rovers match as I worked on Saturdays then. I could only go to midweek and Sunday games.

Sunday football - that will never catch on

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Nice interview with Warboys and Bannister here

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My Dad won't let me go to the Goldstone on my own. I said to him "I'm 4 now". He said, it's not your age, it's just that I resent paying 25p for you to watch that rubbish. Go buy yourself some penny chews.

Anyway, I can't read NSC very well. Firstly, because I'm only 4, and secondly because we've only got electricity three days a week.

Bloomin miners.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Has anybody got a 12" LP version of GOSBTS?
I have five copies but when I stack them on the movable plastic arm of my record player sometimes the needle doesn't drop in at the correct point. This means that I often miss the first three or possibly four notes of the third or fourth playing of the song. I have tried turning the hi fi off and on again but my son said this was probably not necessary. I doubt I'll get a sensible answer on here though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have five copies but when I stack them on the movable plastic arm of my record player sometimes the needle doesn't drop in at the correct point. This means that I often miss the first three or possibly four notes of the third or fourth playing of the song. I have tried turning the hi fi off and on again but my son said this was probably not necessary. I doubt I'll get a sensible answer on here though.

I can't find the question mark on my typewriter or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place can anybody help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here