Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Micky was still here..........

Would we be relatagated in Micky Adams was still manager?

• We'd be down and out

Votes: 64 73.6%
  • We'd still be hanging on by the skin on our teeth

Votes: 23 26.4%

• Total voters

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
After reading the thread on whether or not Slade should be given a contract if we survive relagation the following thought popped into my head:

"If Micky was still here would we have already been relagated?"

Just wondering what everyone else thinks about this as whether or not we would have been goes a long way to showing the difference Russell has made to the team.

:shrug:

İbrahim Tatlıses;2899257 said:
It's impossible to say. I personally think we would have been doing better than we are under Slade, essentially because Slade's done a bit crap, but partly because we spent 2 weeks faffing about looking for a manager.

Agree the two weeks faffing about cost us a win against Crewe and Orient as if we had got Slade or even Micky had stayed we would have had a hell of a chance of winning the games as opposed to BOB and DEAN running the show.

The lucky win against Millwall in that period was the only thing that kept us afloat. But on reflection Micky was a failed man, there was no way back, his signings were and are crap and his tactics were unbelievable obvious and naive. We made the right decision appointing a man who is no tactical genius but demands passion and commitment.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
İbrahim Tatlıses;2899257 said:
It's impossible to say. I personally think we would have been doing better than we are under Slade, essentially because Slade's done a bit crap, but partly because we spent 2 weeks faffing about looking for a manager.

Don't agree. Slade has for the most part played players in their correct positions, started to sort out Cox, and at least spoken and acted as if he cared about our position. We should have got rid of Adams at Christmas, and then we would probably be safe by now.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You do know that to watch the game, you are meant to face the pitch with your eyes open, rather than looking at the person in the seat behind you for 90 minutes.

Actually, the fitty around me is a few seats off the left in the row in front. :love:

She was leaning forward to get something when we scored the second against Cheltenham this season, and I f***ing missed it because of her! :rant:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was clueless in so many ways this time around, he'd have relegated us imo. I'm not sure he hasn't done enough for that to happen anyway

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I can't believe that some people think we'd have been allright if he'd stayed. He was completely and utterly useless this time round.

there wasn't even signs of improvement!... no a glimmer!

Slade has got the team playing consistently better than we were under Adams (apart from our silly 10 minutes here and there)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's the type of manager who needs to mould a squad into his image, and that takes time. Look at him first time, how many did he bring in before we were a good side? That's what he needs, and he would have got it right, but the problem was that he inherited a bunch of hoofers and hackers. Wilkins is completely different, he took what he had an made it work for him, to me that makes him the better manager. But I still think Micky would have made it right, and I'll be honest, I wouldn't have minded being relegated if it meant Micky still being in charge next season. Blind loyalty, obviously. And stupidity too, I know.

Can't argue with facts, since he's gone we've improved. But I'm still a bit sad he's no longer here.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Or kept him until the end of the season; dumping him when we did was panic decision making.

How can you say it was panic decision making. I am not one who was calling for Adams to go, but if you are going to get rid of a Manager then it is not clever to let them bring in players in the transfer window and then sack them leaving the new Manager with one hand tied behind his back.Adams was showing no signs of getting any improvement from the team and it is very easy to argue that he should have gone alot earlier.

I am happy with Slade, even if we get relegated I think he deserves a chance next season. He shows commonsense, and passion and god knows we need some stability at this club.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
He's the type of manager who needs to mould a squad into his image, and that takes time. Look at him first time, how many did he bring in before we were a good side? That's what he needs, and he would have got it right, but the problem was that he inherited a bunch of hoofers and hackers. Wilkins is completely different, he took what he had an made it work for him, to me that makes him the better manager. But I still think Micky would have made it right, and I'll be honest, I wouldn't have minded being relegated if it meant Micky still being in charge next season. Blind loyalty, obviously. And stupidity too, I know.

Can't argue with facts, since he's gone we've improved. But I'm still a bit sad he's no longer here.

The one thing Wilkins side was not, was a bunch of hoofers. They did tend to keep it on the floor. A tad overly defensive at 1-0 up, but they were not hoofers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Micky would still be bluffing about how it's all part of a long term project and how us simpletons would just have to lump it. As self-serving and borderline dishonest as McGhee signing a patently shit player and calling him One For The Future, the sub-text being that the manager knows better than you and wants a a decent length of breathing space before being sussed as a poor judge of a player.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Would have been nice if he'd known that we needed to be 7th by the end of January if not the end of September :lol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Micky would still be bluffing about how it's all part of a long term project and how us simpletons would just have to lump it. As self-serving and borderline dishonest as McGhee signing a patently shit player and calling him One For The Future, the sub-text being that the manager knows better than you and wants a a decent length of breathing space before being sussed as a poor judge of a player.

Adams was not fit to lace McGhee's boots this time round but probably best not to go there again ( sorry couldn't let that pass:lol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here