Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If it has to be the play-offs

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Remember if we do end up in the playoffs we will have suffered a major punch to the gut having missed out on the autos.

Not for me. We've surpassed this seasons expectations. I do however think we are in better form than the rest, and that we would be hard to beat in the play offs right now :thumbsup:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What are the likely play off dates?

Leg 1: Friday 13th May (7.45pm) (Sheff Wed Away)
Leg 2: Monday 16th May (7.45pm) (Sheff Wed Home)
Not confirmed.

Evil sky decide whether we'd be Match A, or Match B, and they won't confirm that until they know the final table.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Play offs are brilliant

However the in form team usually wins them and that could be any of them because all the teams in the play offs are in decent form, so it would be hard to predict from this lot. For that reason and for the fact that early Promotion gives the behind the scenes an extra two weeks to plan for next season which is quite critical nowadays given the amount of money involved in the Premiership

Not always though - we only have to look at the horrifying debacle of 2013 to know that. We STORMED that run-in, whilst that filth up the road staggered, fluked and dived their way into it, and look what happened.

Its a cliché but its true- the Playoffs are a complete and utter lottery. Form is meaningless. The final league placing is meaningless. Like any other cup tie, it all boils down to who turns up and handles it on the day.

My fear is that IF we miss out, we are the ones who have poured EVERYTHING into getting automatic in this run-in, and suffer the heartache falling just agonisingly short. That's where 100% of our focus has been for weeks now. Whereas our Playoff opponents have likely coasted through the last few games, happy in the knowledge they're safely in the top 6, and fully prepared for the battle ahead.

If we end up missing out, I am going to be absolutely shitting myself whoever we get, and I won't enjoy it at all. There's just too much resting on it for it to be in any way enjoyable.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I'm surprised anyone 'enjoys' the play-offs when so much is at stake. I'll be watching through my fingers. I felt mentally exhausted after the Forest drama in 2014 though of course loved the finish. But I also felt beaten up by the mental torture.

Anyone who views either Hull, Derby or Wednesday as easy is a deluded fool. You only need look at Albion's matches against Rotherham, Cardiff, Wolves and Ipswich etc to understand how 'superior' teams can lose any game in this division, let alone against one of the top six sides. Nerves will play a huge part and every team has match-winners.

Enjoy my team in the play-offs? Nope, I'd have my feet up with a coldie watching Wednesday v Burnley any day...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
That's a worrying sign. Is part of you wanting to jab a pen in your leg?
I've witnessed so much heartache following the Albion over the years that I've decided on a Zen like approach of trying to enjoy what ever will be. It seems to be working!

PG

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Loftslaces

Apr 6, 2016
Graffham
I hate playoffs - apart from the Cardiff one - that was good

NODC

Apr 19, 2012
I think the danger being whoever finishes 3rd will be mentally shattered and you don't get long to pick yourself up for the playoffs.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So, is anybody actually working today ??? I strongly suspect that workplace productivity will be pretty low amongst Albion fans the next few weeks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't see any of the top 3 falling foul in the play-offs.

They all know it's a possibility so they'll be minimal 'crushing defeatism' before the games.
They clearly are so much better than the other 4 teams.
Plus when it comes to 'bottle' they've all had more than their fair share of last minute winners.

Without a team roaring into the play-offs, after the last game on the back of 9 wins and a draw, there's nothing to be scared of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here