Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

if Hughton was sacked.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gus OUT !

He'd need to make a pretty big apology for the way he treated the club, and I don't think that's in his nature.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
This with bells...add some injuries to the above i.e Crofts ,March,Baldock,Stephens at beginning and of course Tex recently who could have made a difference at Wigan ,these were big players for us, along with inept signings early on and a manager change half way through the season and you have got a recipe for disaster .I dont think Jose Mourinho could do a lot with this team ,and apart from CH signing Best on loan his other Kayal is a very good signing and good business by him and the club .
Regarding managers, as much as Bournemouth have done wonders and have a great team Eddie Howe has been very fortunate with players regarding injuries which is rare for a whole season in the Uk ,he is a good manager for the cherries that is without question ...but elsewhere I`m not to sure .CH needs to be given time with his own players .I lost count of the fans who said we need a good English manager to get us out of relegation one with experience of this div, and if he gets us safe he will have done his job and what Bloom set out to do imo .

I don't disagree with much of what you say, Eddy Howe has done extremely well ( perhaps I am wrong but other than managing the Burnley S--- which reduced us to nine men two or three seasons ago) yes he has done well but WHO DOES THEIR SCOUTING, ours seems to be particularly poor by comparison

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I dont think that he will be sacked as I cannot think of a decent or better replacement. Who do you suggest?

Mick Mcarthy,but no decent manager is going to want to manage this club the way it is currently being Run by Tony and Barber.Promotion is not a reasonable ambition in the foreseeable future,Hughton has got to go he has not got the character for the job in hand,but being cheap Tony will stick with him

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Mick Mcarthy,but no decent manager is going to want to manage this club the way it is currently being Run by Tony and Barber.Promotion is not a reasonable ambition in the foreseeable future,Hughton has got to go he has not got the character for the job in hand,but being cheap Tony will stick with him
I doubt if you know what Hughton's salary is.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I doubt if you know what Hughton's salary is.

We know it`s low Tony does not spend big on wages for staff or players he thinks the white Elephant will do the work,that is why Gus the best manager we have had since Mullary left

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I don't believe we will spend lots on many new players, so the prime aim is a motivational coach.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
Any manager who will play TWO strikers up front

Lets hope that who ever is manager next season has a football brain and plays Baldock up front where he should be, preferably with a strike partner. He scored a really good goal against Arsenal and should have been up front all season as he looks like he actually knows where the goal is. He openly admits he has no idea how to play on the wing but said he will give 100% to try and make an impact. I bet had he been fit Hughton would still be playing him on the wing.
As for new signings cheap Tony will only pay peanuts and get monkeys, the football world is different now and if you want real class you have to pay for it at the market rate, unfortunately 10 - 15k per week is not market rate in the championship now, Im expecting lots of average nobody's and more dire defensive sh1t if Hughton is still here with his mate Leon.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good post. Football is not simple but fans always look for simple solutions.
Indeed. Look at Alan Mullery, great for us 1st time around, never succeeded anywhere else - or even with us when he came back. Ditto to an extent Micky Adams who did well at Fulham and with us (again, first time), reached for the stars with Leicester .... and has pretty much been on downward trajectory ever since.

Did Hughton just 'get lucky' with Newcastle and Birmingham? Time will tell. As you say it's not simple and there are no guarantees that doing exactly the same thing will always give the same results. Sometimes it just clicks and sometimes it doesn't. I'm feeling slightly pessimistic for next season at the moment TBH.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree the best football we have witnessed for years but dont think it will happen. Although a lady told my son they have been sounded out about a job in the summer and are looking for homes back down south. I suggested Brentford Fulham or QPR but she wouldnt say, even if she knew.

happyseagull

Dec 15, 2008
Loughborough
Hughton came in to keep us up, which he (hopefully) has. Not sure how long his contract is for but we should have done it to the end of the season and then reviewed it in the summer. We were right in the shit after Sammi so needed somebody that has championship experience but moving forward I'm not sure that he is the man to build a new team, his successes have been with relegated Premier League clubs where he had to deal with players leaving and working with what he had left, which was still a crop of more than competent championship players that could still get promoted back via good organisation and a strong defensive core. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall him ever building a team? The signing of Kayal could prove me wrong, he is a quality player but our attacking play recently has been diabolical, the players seem to have no ideas at all, perhaps we could stick with Hughton and get in a more attack minded coach? Or should we gamble again on an unproven young manager? That worked well with Gus but has back fired since but if I were Tony Bloom then I'd have another gamble on a rookie ex Premier League player again, as much as I admire Hughton for his honesty and integrity I don't feel that he can move us forward with the enthusiasm and passion of a younger, hungrier manager....who that manager is I have no idea but Tony loves a gamble, he came up trumps with Gus but since then has had a few bad hands, fingers crossed that Mr Blooms luck changes soon...I think that we'll have to wait until the winter to see what cards the chairman plays in the management stakes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hughton came in to keep us up, which he (hopefully) has. Not sure how long his contract is for but we should have done it to the end of the season and then reviewed it in the summer.

The last thing, the very, very LAST thing that this club needs is another change of manager over the summer!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'd have Gus back tomorrow. Barber would have to go first though.

This. My Albion mojo would rev from 0 to 100.

Of course, many of our season ticket holders who might be more indifferent about the fare offered on the pitch because Falmer's such a Nice Day Out might be a little confused at first - where have all those lengthy articles in the programme about football accountancy gone? - but for those of us who care a bit about results, style of play and side issues like that, it would, I think, be very exciting.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Its amazing to think, back when the club was going so well, bloom apoints barber knowing there was problems with him and gus.
this was the start of gus's exit in my opinion.
Before then gus was saying what a great club we were etc. Think gus felt let down with his apointment.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Its amazing to think, back when the club was going so well, bloom apoints barber knowing there was problems with him and gus.
this was the start of gus's exit in my opinion.
Before then gus was saying what a great club we were etc. Think gus felt let down with his apointment.

Yup! Was never going to end well the moment Barber was allowed across the threshold. Barber could be given the role as "Club Clown". His "Premier League Ready" was hilarious. He could use clackers instead of a honky horn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here