Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If he had been told - release another statement now.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If they do not make a statement in response to this, I will take that to mean that they really didn't let him know, which is shameful.

But that is a meaning you are choosing to create ('no statement means Gus was right'), rather than any concrete evidence. The club has already said they won't make further statements until the window of appeal expires.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
That was before Gus spoke on TV though. What Gus said about not being told he had been sacked is a huge issue, if not legally then certainly morally and in how the case will be perceived by neutrals. After saying what he did on the BBC, Gus seems to me to be winning public support and the reaction has been very anti-BHAFC. Just look on any website tonight and it's all about how he's been 'sacked live on TV' and how shocking that is. If the Albion really did tell him then they will be able to prove it, so they should have no concerns about confirming this in their next statement.

Exactly this. If the club do not at least address this one point tomorrow, I will be very disappointed.

I just cannot believe the board or whoever is responsible have allowed this matter to end in such a spectacular PR own goal.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That was before Gus spoke on TV though. What Gus said about not being told he had been sacked is a huge issue, if not legally then certainly morally and in how the case will be perceived by neutrals. After saying what he did on the BBC, Gus seems to me to be winning public support and the reaction has been very anti-BHAFC. Just look on any website tonight and it's all about how he's been 'sacked live on TV' and how shocking that is. If the Albion really did tell him then they will be able to prove it, so they should have no concerns about confirming this in their next statement.

I certainly agree with you that if the club has evidence that contradicts what Gus says it would serve them to use it, even if it is to him during the appeal. But I respect the fact that they have created a path of action and are not being deflected from this by a sacked manager's allegations.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Interestingly, Poyet is quoted on the BBC website: "I got an e-mail that I suppose is information at 9:03 and another one from my solicitors; they are now taking care of everything, so I still haven't had a chance to read everything. I can't go into details of the future. It's just a matter of being calm and make sure you make the right decision."

So an email was sent shortly after 9 in the morning. Ten hours is ample time for Poyet to read an email before the club announced things to the football world around 7.30pm. If Poyet doesn't read his emails at a time like this that is his fault, not the club's.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Interestingly, Poyet is quoted on the BBC website: "I got an e-mail that I suppose is information at 9:03 and another one from my solicitors; they are now taking care of everything, so I still haven't had a chance to read everything. I can't go into details of the future. It's just a matter of being calm and make sure you make the right decision."

So an email was sent shortly after 9 in the morning. Ten hours is ample time for Poyet to read an email before the club announced things to the football world around 7.30pm. If Poyet doesn't read his emails at a time like this that is his fault, not the club's.

He said the 9:03 bit after the game was over so I think he could have been talking about 21:03,

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Didn't Naylor tweet that there was another statement possibly coming tonight? Maybe the club decided to sleep on it and one will appear tomorrow.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
But what about the children!? And Diana, what about Diana? Did she die in vain? And immigration, it's out of control all those fuzzie wuzzies raping and pillaging our green and pleasant land. And the scandal of the cycle lanes and 20mph speed limits, this is right up there with all of them, that's it I'm calling the Samaritans.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gus: "I have received absolutely nothing from the club. Well, apart from this email. Which also went to my solicitors. But apart from that, nothing, rien, nichts, nada."

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
He said the 9:03 bit after the game was over so I think he could have been talking about 21:03,

Thanks. The BBC website has now amended it using the 24 hour clock to clarify matters, although it can still be read that he received the email at the time i.e. actively opened at that time, rather than it being sent at 21.03. We may never know!

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
To me it was clear that the clarification that he HAD been sent communication from the club and his solicitors was down to either the club's legal team or his own legal team insisting this be corrected as the club had fulfilled their obligations and hence it being described as further developments.

Yes it was made to sound like it wasn't sent until 9pm but I'd say that was when it was received which isn't the same thing. If that wasn't the case I'd question why he also received an email from his solicitor at that time when he had already made it clear that he had been on the phone to them throughout the match so an email would not have been necessary. The way I read that is the club and his solicitor/representative sent the details around the same time but his phone didn't pick them up until much later. It is not the club's fault if he appoints a representative in his place, they carry out the correct procedures on this basis but Gus effectively made himself unreachable to either.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
How did he get an email at any time if his phone was dead? Yes, the BBC is awash with computers he could use but I can't see Poyet saying "Can I use your laptop? I want to check my emails".

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
But what about the children!? And Diana, what about Diana? Did she die in vain? And immigration, it's out of control all those fuzzie wuzzies raping and pillaging our green and pleasant land. And the scandal of the cycle lanes and 20mph speed limits, this is right up there with all of them, that's it I'm calling the Samaritans.

And Magna Carta ? Did she too die in vain ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The next club statement cannot be far away. Gus the liar or dreadful cock up by the club? Won't be long before battle is joined and NSC goes into it's next meltdown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here