If he had been told - release another statement now.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kano

Jun 17, 2011
I see where you're coming from and yes, the club possibly could do that, but don't you see how embarrassing that would be? To have the club releasing a statement as well as proof of communication (if they were legally allowed to in the first place) wouldn't make this situation any better, just worse.

At the moment its embarrassing....I dont see how it could become MORE embarrassing by clearing your name in the face of false accusations.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If the club have informed Gus before then they should release another statement now while he is on air, put him on the spot, the BBC will call him on it as it will be great TV.

I think he is bullshitting but if he is and the club dont take the oppertunity to call him on it then they deserve all the negative publicity they get.

Spot on. Unlike the LMA response that was not necessary, if the facts are that he was informed or that his representatives were informed much earlier, then the club should act immediately.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Utter tosh. You have no idea (nor do I) why he has been sacked and when he was told. The BHA job is a great job that many managers will be after, it's a shame Poyet couldn't see that!

Only a stupid person would believe I wasn't joking about Barber, the reference to Poyets sacking causing an escalation in the Brazilian riots was a clue. For the record, I am calling you stupid. Any other stupid people out there please note: I am not calling for Barber to make a public apology. Nor did I say anything about knowing when Poyet knew he was sacked. Though I can see how someone a bit stupid might jump to this conclusion. Hope this clears things up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This should all be being managed by Tony's expensive lawyers - who will be analysing Gus' every word right now. I really wouldn't be surprised by a follow up statement.

That said, the timing could just have been an almighty cock up by someone in the clubs comms department.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
At the moment its embarrassing....I dont see how it could become MORE embarrassing by clearing your name in the face of false accusations.

Because it wouldn't more than likely clear the club's name as I can't imagine we would ever release a document to prove a point like that, it would just make us look incredibly petty.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
If the club have informed Gus before then they should release another statement now while he is on air, put him on the spot, the BBC will call him on it as it will be great TV.

I think he is bullshitting but if he is and the club dont take the oppertunity to call him on it then they deserve all the negative publicity they get.
Why? If they did inform him (and I'm sure by law they have too) before announcing it, why play his games. If he is bullshitting as you think he is, he is just digging a deeper hole for himself.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This should all be being managed by Tony's expensive lawyers - who will be analysing Gus' every word right now. I really wouldn't be surprised by a follow up statement.

That said, the timing could just have been an almighty cock up by someone in the clubs comms department.

Am wondering whether its the latter myself. A prepared statement automated to go out tomorrow perhaps and gets accidentally released - happened before, only a week or so ago re: the special one

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Whilst I think he knew it was coming.......

Why did the club release the statement when he was live on air - all the tweets and news happened THEN if the club were not doing it on purpose why release the news then????????

Check twitter and you can see when the news broke and the club seemed to be the ones putting it out then WHY??

The statement was released 15 minutes BEFORE the BBC 3 football went live. Theres more to this as the club said they informed Gus of the decision - the club do need to clarify things.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Only a stupid person would believe I wasn't joking about Barber, the reference to Poyets sacking causing an escalation in the Brazilian riots was a clue. For the record, I am calling you stupid. Any other stupid people out there please note: I am not calling for Barber to make a public apology. Nor did I say anything about knowing when Poyet knew he was sacked. Though I can see how someone a bit stupid might jump to this conclusion. Hope this clears things up.

What a comedy genius you are! The only joke fella is you!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
The statement was released 15 minutes BEFORE the BBC 3 football went live. Theres more to this as the club said they informed Gus of the decision - the club do need to clarify things.

Do you not think that if they told Poyet (which I beleive they did) then they wanted to get the announcement out before motormouth informed everyone whilst on TV before they did?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What cretin decided to announce the decision today knowing Poyet was on tv tonight ? The club are not on live TV tonight and it was an open goal to Poyet. Whoever made that decison has got it horribly wrong.

You mean let the club consider the media whore and then let him have it, both barrels once he's on tv? Feck me, we have some gullible contributors on here.
Does anybody seriously think that The Albion fired Poyet without telling him after suspending him for 4 of the most important weeks in the club's history? There has been a veil of silence surrounding this matter since the day after the capitulation to Palace-I think it very unlikely that BHAFC would suddenly resort to being totally unprofessional in dismissing its manager.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Do you not think that if they told Poyet (which I beleive they did) then they wanted to get the announcement out before motormouth informed everyone whilst on TV before they did?

No there was no need - I doubt poyet would have said much except that he had been sacked!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What a comedy genius you are! The only joke fella is you!

I never said it was hilarious. What is however is your lack of intelligence. Now stop trying to cover up your stupidity and move on. Too much else going on to argue about stupidity. Besides, you'll win on experience.

lighthouse

Feb 27, 2008
north hampshire
What cretin decided to announce the decision today knowing Poyet was on tv tonight ? The club are not on live TV tonight and it was an open goal to Poyet. Whoever made that decision has got it horribly wrong.
Why not engage your brain before you post, or do you love a moan-up so much that don't really care what you say?

It is obvious to me that the fact that Gus was on the BBC is why the club HAD to release a statement.

If Gus had announced it live on air, I think I can guess exactly what your stance would have been.........

Grow up man

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why not engage your brain before you post, or do you love a moan-up so much that don't really care what you say?

It is obvious to me that the fact that Gus was on the BBC is why the club HAD to release a statement.

If Gus had announced it live on air, I think I can guess exactly what your stance would have been.........

Grow up man

Why was it obvious he would say something tonight when on tv? We don't know that scenario was going to unfold at all.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
What cretin decided to announce the decision today knowing Poyet was on tv tonight ? The club are not on live TV tonight and it was an open goal to Poyet. Whoever made that decison has got it horribly wrong.

Maybe you should have told the club exactly when they could announce it. What difference does it make whether he was on the tv or not. Maybe he should have spoken with his representatives after they were informed of the clubs decision and then declined the offer to appear on BBC3 tonight. Some hope of him turning down the chance to yack about himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports