Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF Gus goes will you say thanks and wish him well wherever he ends up?

If Gus goes will you say thanks and wish him well

• Total voters

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wouldn't really say he did that, we were never close to being relegated to league 2 when Gus has been in charge.

I understand what you're saying, but we were 1 place above the relegation zone when he took over and were COMPLETELY out of sorts.

He's done a mad job in 4 years. People (not saying you) have REALLY lost context of just what he has achieved..

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
He signed a contract til 2015.

Has a good transfer budget

The best Stadium in the Championship and lower premier league.

He has a set of fans, a majority of which have who backed him and his slow, patient style of play.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nope and Nope.

Edit, yes I've just seen post 18 on here.

So you hadn't read any of my other posts before making yours....yet you claimed all my other posts were sarcastic? That doesn't make any sense.

and, just for the record, post #18 isn't sarcasm. I don't quite know what you think sarcasm actually is...but that's not even close to it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not if he goes like this no.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So you hadn't read any of my other posts before making yours....yet you claimed all my other posts were sarcastic? That doesn't make any sense.

and, just for the record, post #18 isn't sarcasm. I don't quite know what you think sarcasm actually is...but that's not even close to it.

You asked if I'd seen any of your previous posts today, I said nope

You also asked if I'd seen a non sarcastic post, I said nope and then I edited to say yes post 18 :rolleyes:

I was talking generally, not today but you do make many sarcastic posts about any criticism of Gus. It was an observation sorry it has irritated you so much and you can't see it

Having re-read your reply to my original post I can now see why you thought I was suggesting post 18 was sarcastic.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You asked if I'd seen any of your previous posts today, I said nope

You also asked if I'd seen a non sarcastic post, I said nope and then I edited to say yes post 18 :rolleyes:

I was talking generally, not today but you do make many sarcastic posts about any criticism of Gus. It was an observation sorry it has irritated you so much and you can't see it

Having re-read your reply to my original post I can now see why you thought I was suggesting post 18 was sarcastic.

I find that it only takes blunt sarcasm to often make people realise how mind-numbingly stupid (again, this isn't aimed at you) they are being in their criticisms. How anyone could stand there and openly suggest Gus has done a bad job is beyond me, especially when you consider the recent historical standard at which our club has played at.

Ignore the press moaning. Ignore Suarez-gate. Ignore budget 'moans'. On the pitch he has done a marvellous job in 4 years.

So, yes, I will write sarcastically, as listing a ridiculous statement such as I did in my previous post is just a way of highlighting how mad it would be to think he's not done a good job here.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If he leaves like this it will leave a very bitter taste in the mouth after what have been excellent years for our club.

He'd be bottling a job that's very much incomplete that 90% of football managers would chop their right arm off for in my opinion..

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Nope. He has a job to finish here. If he can get us to the Premier League he can go with my blessing. The club have put a lot into him the last few yeas with the big money signings and long contract. He owes Bloom by getting us up.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Monday's ungrateful whine to the TV & Press was one whine too many from him (as far as I'm concerned). He can DO ONE. :wave:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Why wouldn’t you wish him well? A football manager is like any other job, you go elsewhere if you think the opportunities and pay are better. We all do it.

His legacy speaks for itself.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Gus has done a good job but not an outstanding one. He has taken us as far as his ability will allow him. He needs to go now and be replaced by someone more capable.
It needs a bolder approach now. This cautious approach allied to blind devotion to a particular game-plan has cost us the chance of the ultimate prize and he is culpable. He is no longer the right manager to take us forward. We need a less self-centred individual who will concentrate 100% of his efforts on BHA and not on promoting his own career.
Yes its thanks for the job done but don't come calling again, when things don't work out. ( and I firmly believe that he will not have a long stay in the top flight )

This. Whilst I will wish him well for the job he has done. He says he will leave if he thinks the club has gone as far as it can, my view is he has taken us as far as HE can and I may be wrong but I don't think he is good enough to manage in the premiership yet. We may find out soon, but whoever comes in must be able to change things during a game. Gus's record of never coming back from a goal down and winning since the Doncaster game gives credence to no plan B and his unwillingness to try something different. The players did not lose the Palace game. He did with his tactics and team selection. We played badly at their place in the second half ,yet he picked the same team for the home leg playing 1 up front when we beat Palace at home comfortably playing with two wingers and supplying Ulloa with crosses. He played like we had all season with Mackeil - Smith on his own up front. So it was no surprise that Ulloa did not get the service. He bleated on about a target man and when we get him in the most important game of the season he reverts to type. Where was the "we need to take risks" to win games which had worked towards the end of the season. Yes go with our thanks Gus but don't blame the club for ruining your dream of being in the premiership. That lies at your door.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This. Whilst I will wish him well for the job he has done. He says he will leave if he thinks the club has gone as far as it can, my view is he has taken us as far as HE can and I may be wrong but I don't think he is good enough to manage in the premiership yet. We may find out soon, but whoever comes in must be able to change things during a game. Gus's record of never coming back from a goal down and winning since the Doncaster game gives credence to no plan B and his unwillingness to try something different. The players did not lose the Palace game. He did with his tactics and team selection. We played badly at their place in the second half ,yet he picked the same team for the home leg playing 1 up front when we beat Palace at home comfortably playing with two wingers and supplying Ulloa with crosses. He played like we had all season with Mackeil - Smith on his own up front. So it was no surprise that Ulloa did not get the service. He bleated on about a target man and when we get him in the most important game of the season he reverts to type. Where was the "we need to take risks" to win games which had worked towards the end of the season. Yes go with our thanks Gus but don't blame the club for ruining your dream of being in the premiership. That lies at your door.

You make some good points :thumbsup:

Graymac

May 1, 2013
Isle of wight
Gus has done a good job but not an outstanding one. He has taken us as far as his ability will allow him. He needs to go now and be replaced by someone more capable.
It needs a bolder approach now. This cautious approach allied to blind devotion to a particular game-plan has cost us the chance of the ultimate prize and he is culpable. He is no longer the right manager to take us forward. We need a less self-centred individual who will concentrate 100% of his efforts on BHA and not on promoting his own career.
Yes its thanks for the job done but don't come calling again, when things don't work out. ( and I firmly believe that he will not have a long stay in the top flight )

We were all the Gus bus when suddenly we have hit a bump & Gus has hit is head on the ceiling, jumped out demanding a new bus, we cant a afford one so now he's thinking of running down the road to look for a new bus if doesn't get his way, leaving us driverless & not prepared to help us get old the bus fixed. But up to now the trip has been a blast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here