Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Fulham had offered £2.75m for Lewis Dunk, would you have accepted?

Would you have accepted £2.75m from Fulham for Lewis Dunk?

• Yes I would

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • No I wouldn't

Votes: 142 81.6%

• Total voters

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Hell yeah, that's more than Virgil van Dijk went for. We'd able to pick up a decent CB for much less than £2.75 and have money over

Those who'd turn that down are totally bonkers

We wouldn't spend it. It'll go towards FFP and we'd bring a loan player in.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
FWIW I was speaking to a Fulham friend the other night, who mentioned that they were extremely interested in Dunk. The question is well stated, but it's a no from me. It's well known that decent centre-backs are currently hugely in demand and selling at relatively inflated prices (£30m+ for Mangala). We have a young, experienced, classy centre back, who also scores goals. We should do what Sherwood is doing with Benteke, and tell him to set his sights higher than Fulham. A PL club for £4m + significant add-ons for appearances, maintaining PL status, scoring 5/10/20 goals, and it'd be a yes from me.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
FWIW I was speaking to a Fulham friend the other night, who mentioned that they were extremely interested in Dunk. The question is well stated, but it's a no from me. It's well known that decent centre-backs are currently hugely in demand and selling at relatively inflated prices (£30m+ for Mangala). We have a young, experienced, classy centre back, who also scores goals. We should do what Sherwood is doing with Benteke, and tell him to set his sights higher than Fulham. A PL club for £4m + significant add-ons for appearances, maintaining PL status, scoring 5/10/20 goals, and it'd be a yes from me.

Think I'd probably agree with that but I don't want him to go anywhere

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Hell yeah, that's more than Virgil van Dijk went for. We'd able to pick up a decent CB for much less than £2.75 and have money over

Those who'd turn that down are totally bonkers

If it's that easy to find high calibre players on the cheap why aren't Fulham focusing elsewhere too? With the shift from 'old school' defend-first CBs to the more rounded footballing types we should be considering ourselves lucky that we have a young, homegrown lad who is developing nicely that can do both - Defend and Play. If we decide that two odd million is value for a player, who IMHO was the outstanding contributor on the playing staff this season, then we really are a mess.

FWIW I think Dunk will only move if a fair offer from a premier league club comes in. Otherwise it's a pointless move. He knows he is going to play with us - if we are crap again next season and he continues to improve at the same rate that he has been he'll be almost guaranteed a move to a premier team then. He is at the correct place for his development AS OF RIGHT NOW.

Fulham will be much better next season - let's not kid ourselves. They still have the parachute payments and have a squad littered with internationals. I can see the attraction of going there but as the above quote states - we should be able to dissuade him from making that move this year.

We need to keep our best young local talent. That is the only way we can progress. We will improve as they do.

Cannot understand people who are determined that we do SOME form of transfer dealings at this stage of the season. There is no rush, especially in terms of selling players.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think i must be the only one who doesnt rate dunk hardly at all. I don't think he is worth £2.75m, so YES I would take the money.

Fulham have a knack recently of buying poor Centre Halves. They bought Shaun Hutchison from Motherwell and everytime they play him he costs them at least 1 goal. So all I can say is ''When Fulham see a shit central defender they go right out and buy him

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
No need to take the first bid that comes along, good chance of a bidding war if there are other clubs interested.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think it would be a consideration at that price but there would be a sell on and add ons to that figure just to be safe and sure.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
After initially saying no , I would then have invited the Fulham entourage to start licking away the bits of crusty bog roll still stuck around my Chocolate Starfish from my last crap.
And dropped kicked them from the highest building I could find in the vincinity 😈🔪🔪

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
After initially saying no , I would then have invited the Fulham entourage to start licking away the bits of crusty bog roll still stuck around my Chocolate Starfish from my last crap.
And dropped kicked them from the highest building I could find in the vincinity ������

aahhhww..what a lovely thought on your part......i would have said 3.5 mill 2.5 up front and 15% p.c.m interest on the balance until settled + sell on @ 15% of profit......barber out ,me in.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
No.

It's far too early in the window to accept that level of bid.

Besides, rather than fiddling around selling and replacing players, we should be 100% focused on getting in the 6 players we need already.

Let's not give the recruitment team more tasks before they deliver on most of their existing ' To Do List '.

The ''to do list'' has to be a combination of both in conjunction with each other

1. Put together a squad that can challenge for the play offs

2. Balance the books and not set us back 5 years financially because although CH thinks he can put together a competitive squad in one transfer window, I have a feeling it might take 2 or 3 windows

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I would have snapped there hands of for that much.

Centre halfs are much easier to replace

so many saying they are easy to replace, but nobody prepared to say who they would bring in.........................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here