Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If CMS, March and Buckley all start on Tuesday

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You must be ****ing joking. His passing was one of the lowlights in a mediocre performance by a woefully under-strength team against p1ss-poor opposition.

This. Continued to prove the deeper he plays the bigger liability he is. Lightweight, no presence and I'm beginning to wonder if he'll ever be good enough at this level.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
JFC's passing from yesterday. (Red - failed pass, yellow - key pass)

View attachment 57176

Negatives
eight failed passes

Neutral (potential positive or negative, depending on other factors)
lots of sideways and backwards passes.

Positives
one key pass,
six forward passes into their half

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
JFC's passing from yesterday. (Red - failed pass, yellow - key pass)

View attachment 57176

The yellow pass and one of the others in the same part of the pitch were both to Bruno and put him through on goal. Was beginning to think it was my imagination because of the slating he is getting

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Negatives
eight failed passes
lots of sideways and backwards passes.

Positives
one key pass,
six forward passes into their half

Why is that a negative, keeping the ball should never been seen as a negative in my view.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The yellow pass and one of the others in the same part of the pitch were both to Bruno and put him through on goal. Was beginning to think it was my imagination because of the slating he is getting

Bruno should have volleyed that at goal, because it was a good pass, but as is highlighted one of the few that came off.

When he played under Gus and for the U21s, he excelled but he was further up the pitch. A deeper position just does not work for him.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Because we'll show Cheltenham usual disrespect to a lower league team by playing a weakened side, If Mackail-Smith and Buckley both start on Tuesday I've got a feeling they could both be on their way out the door .

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
JFC is a stick on starter in my side. But he needs to play at the head of the midfield 3, he is a goal threat as needs to be used there.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Noted, edited.

Is probably neutral rather than positive, because going backwards when there is so clearly a forward pass, is not good, he (and others) could have hit the space that was available for Bruno and Calderon on countless occasions in the first half.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is probably neutral rather than positive, because going backwards when there is so clearly a forward pass, is not good, he (and others) could have hit the space that was available for Bruno and Calderon on countless occasions in the first half.

Indeed, I made it neutral. Also, simply from an entertainment point of view as well, some fans seem to enjoy more direct football even if it results in lost possession and back and forth action areas, rather than patient keep ball.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Because we'll show Cheltenham usual disrespect to a lower league team by playing a weakened side, If Mackail-Smith and Buckley both start on Tuesday I've got a feeling they could both be on their way out the door .

I disagree and expect that we will field a side capable of winning as we need to progress if only for the money.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Bruno should have volleyed that at goal, because it was a good pass, but as is highlighted one of the few that came off.

When he played under Gus and for the U21s, he excelled but he was further up the pitch. A deeper position just does not work for him.

I'm not arguing that, I think he should be pushed up, but to slate him like some are doing is uncalled for.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

But those passes that can be seen clearly from the stands are not always that clear from the pitch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm not arguing that, I think he should be pushed up, but to slate him like some are doing is uncalled for.

TBH Rookie, I'm one of the 'slaters', though prefer to be a 'critic' rather than a 'slater'. I really think he is a liability in the position he's being played, though to be fair he's not being helped by what is around him.

Do you think he would be starting if Stephens was fit? (Or Toko come to that).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
But those passes that can be seen clearly from the stands are not always that clear from the pitch.

But surely, if the tactic is for the FBs to push on, he must realise that he can 'ping' a pass in to an open space and there is a high percentage chance that Bruno or Calderon will be charging on.

Sometimes you have to gamble rather than going sideways or backwards.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
But surely, if the tactic is for the FBs to push on, he must realise that he can 'ping' a pass in to an open space and there is a high percentage chance that Bruno or Calderon will be charging on.

Sometimes you have to gamble rather than going sideways or backwards.

Were the failed passes not him doing that? Also, a number of the passes are clearly going out to the wing albeit sideways

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Were the failed passes not him doing that? Also, a number of the passes are clearly going out to the wing albeit sideways

Sideways to the wing are generally no good, as the defence is set up. We need to get the FBs turned. I don't know about the failed passes, I recall a few being overhit to Calderon, but wouldn't swear it was always JFC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here