Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Big Sam Goes...

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
But every other Prem team has the increased tv cash so it's no real benefit to the club.

It all depends on how they spend it though.

Thing is, can you actually see that consistent top 8 finish happening for you any time soon (regardless of Allardyce being there)?

It would totally depend on the investment made into the squad. With the correct funding, and the correct manager, we could or even should be a top half side. Saying that, we'll end up getting relegated next season now !!!! lol

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It all depends on how they spend it though.

It would totally depend on the investment made into the squad. With the correct funding, and the correct manager, we could or even should be a top half side. Saying that, we'll end up getting relegated next season now !!!! lol

Er, couldn't 90 percent of clubs in any division say the same?

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Er, couldn't 90 percent of clubs in any division say the same?

Yeah of course.

Im not under any illusions of grandeur, don't get me wrong and as a WH fan, my glass is always half empty and i'd expect the worst, as it usually happens.

However, with the right investment and manager, we could and probably should be competing with the bigger teams of this world

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dinosaur manager.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Sam has done everything asked of him. It's not been pretty at times but he's achieved it.

However, under Sam, we will always be a mid table prem team with the occasional venture into the top or bottom half. I don't know if he can take us any further forward.

With the impending new stadium move, increased TV revenue and a reasonable team, I, along with many other WH fans, think it's time to thank Sam for what he's done and look to the future. Who we go for, gawd knows....Klopp, Moyes, even Eddie Howe has been mentioned but whoever it is, they've got to have ambitions to match the impending move and increased fan base.....or in other words, turn us into a top 8 side every season.

Do you think you'll have any problem filling the extra 12k or so seats?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here