Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IF (and its a big IF) we were to get promoted to the Premier League this season....

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Wahey! Point remains that Palace's defence was seen as comfortably worse than ours in the Champ ( and stats backed this up ) and they haven't done MUCH to it, yet with the right manager and system has proved more than good enough in the Prem. People write of players being "not prem classy far far far too easily.

Delaney has been a revelation this season, far exceeding what I expected.
New signings Dann and Marriapa have given us that little bit of class.
You are right about having the right manager and system in place, does OG fit the bill though ?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Wahey! Point remains that Palace's defence was seen as comfortably worse than ours in the Champ ( and stats backed this up ) and they haven't done MUCH to it, yet with the right manager and system has proved more than good enough in the Prem. People write of players being "not prem classy far far far too easily.
Correct

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
We'd have to certainly spend roughly the same amount Palace have......without spunking £8M on a League 1 standard striker who hasnt done anything and is pretty much now a bench warmer.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
PL ready: TK, Upson, Ward, Ulloa, Andrews, KLL, Buckley (when not injured), Orlandi (again, when not injured)
May step up: Dunk, Stephens, Ince, March

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
SIX ?? !!!!!!
Oh do leave off you daft sod !
£10/12 mill wouldn't buy you a lot, you would need strengthening throughout.

Upson - comfortably better than any of your defence
Greer
Bruno - la Liga regular at VALENCIA til recently
Ward
Calde
Dunk

You really don't think they're better than a player on loan at Barnsley, and a player who last year was part of a pretty poor champ defence?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Greer
Ward
Calde
Dunk

You really don't think they're better than a player on loan at Barnsley, and a player who last year was part of a pretty poor champ defence?

:D:D:D

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
most of the player IMHO would be given a chance to show what they can do
we would need to strengthen with good young players
we would survive on what I have seen on MOTD ,some of the teams already in the premiership are ****
we could well hold our own

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Hopefully we would strengthen sensibly in key areas but retain a core of the current team. They'd all deserve to show what they can do in the PL.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Greer
Ward
Calde
Dunk

You're greatly missed on the bbs mellotron :D

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
Your current squad would get murdered in the Premier League. Face it, it's not a convincing Championship side. You're probably limping into the play offs, although I fancy Ipswich (and Johnny Williams) to 6th place.

Look at Palace. For a good few weeks/months, we were top or top three last year. We brought in some players with Premier League experience. Despite this, putting aside the handicap of Holloway, we looked dead and buried to most neutrals after 10 games.

Unless I'm mistaken, your Premier League experience extends to Upson and your keeper - one old, the other with few first team games. You will need to buy in more talent. I don't think you'll make it this year though.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Your current squad would get murdered in the Premier League. Face it, it's not a convincing Championship side. You're probably limping into the play offs, although I fancy Ipswich (and Johnny Williams) to 6th place.

Look at Palace. For a good few weeks/months, we were top or top three last year. We brought in some players with Premier League experience. Despite this, putting aside the handicap of Holloway, we looked dead and buried to most neutrals after 10 games.

Unless I'm mistaken, your Premier League experience extends to Upson and your keeper - one old, the other with few first team games. You will need to buy in more talent. I don't think you'll make it this year though.

Erm... You fancy or you hope ! :wink:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
1. Kuszczak, Upson (but with a faster player beside him), Ward, Ince, Stephens, Buckley, Ulloa.

March to continue developing Crofts to convalesce.

2. £20m and we'd need every penny

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here