Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] If all trains towards Brighton from St Leonard’s Warrior Square were cancelled...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh gosh this is all very Geoff Marshall:-

LEGEND.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

LEGEND.

I can add an amazing fact about Doleham station that wasn't mentioned by them in that amazing film: Years ago, when I was working in Eastbourne for a few months, my weekly season ticket was actually always from Doleham to Eastbourne because there used to be an anomaly on the ticketing system which meant Doleham to Eastbourne was a cheaper fare than Hastings to Eastbourne. Eventually the anomaly ended and it became the same price though. :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was without a doubt the most boring thing I have ever watched on the internet.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
He (I) bloody started in Tunbridge Wells an hour and a half ago.

No sign of any buses.
Sorry I didn't notice this thread yesterday, if you were waiting at the 29 bus stop opposite the station, it has temporarily moved up the hill, left at the lights outside P&Piano whilst they dig up the town centre. Might help your friend for next time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

LEGEND.

not sure if they were being funny or not over the walk to Three Oaks, its about a mile.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That was without a doubt the most boring thing I have ever watched on the internet.
Wow I guess, for the first time ever, I might just have to use the ignore function. :ohmy:

I have never been as disappointed in a fellow human being as I am with you right now, Easy.
I say that as a man who was a huge fan of Adolf Hitler's trench warfare skills in WWI.

Perhaps it was the location.

What about the tense, crime riddled, rollercoaster ride that was our very own Faygate:-

As enjoyable as the Stat's day trip to Bath in the Summer was, the frisson of excitement felt by the whole family when went through Dilton Marsh was almost tangible:-

#TeamGeoff
#DownWithEasy10

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
As if by magic a train has appeared and is going to Pevensey and West-something-or-other.

Anything East of Brighton has always been a mystery to me, which is a failing at times like this as I have absolutely no idea where anywhere is in relation to other places.

Pronounce it Westum or say the football team and get lynched.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So we had a chance of a coup whilst Bozza (or his friend) were away from base and we didn't take it .... oh well!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It's pronounced "Pohleegattee" and is famous for it's treacle mines. Hope this helps.

dont forget its windmill, town emblem. it was deeply ironic that the locals protested against new modern windmills being built nearby :rolleyes:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
It is now - but I was replying to a post about the pre-Beeching possibilities for the journey. East Grinstead was once the hub of a veritable profusion of routes! Anyway, hope you're somewhere near getting home by now!

The irony being, Beeching who was responsible for slashing the routes to Three Bridges and Tunbridge Wells from East Grinstead, lived in....East Grinstead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here