Chicken World
Only works on Win 7. I only have Win XP :(

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
I do enough beta testing for Microsoft every time I turn my computer on :)

I installed it, didnt like it. things like the dedicated search bar missing, not enough text for me at the top and you cant seem to give it the look of ie8.

Will take another look when its out of beta, but if its a forced update then its Firefox or Safari for me

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Genuine question:

Why would anyone use IE when you have Firefox, Chrome and Safari?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
So you can only try IE9 if you have Windows 7? Nothing like driving more people to use firefox, chrome. These days we have a choice, thank god.

There's always been a choice, remember Netscape?! Firefox for me, won't even bother with ie9

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Chrome or Firefox for me as let's face it, Microsoft do like to leave a lot of security errors.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
There's always been a choice, remember Netscape?! Firefox for me, won't even bother with ie9

Back then thou Netscape would never render my websites properly, that was until Firefox came along and changed everything.

I can remember looking at webstats a few years ago and the pie chart would be just be IE. Look these days Firefox, Safari, Chrome are taking just over a quarter.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I have used IE since I started using computers, and have tried Firefox and Safari but always preferred using IE.

Yes I realise this probably makes me a pillock or something worse, but am just so used to IE that it feels the most comfortable and easy to use.

:awaits mocking:

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I have used IE since I started using computers, and have tried Firefox and Safari but always preferred using IE.

Yes I realise this probably makes me a pillock or something worse, but am just so used to IE that it feels the most comfortable and easy to use.

:awaits mocking:

This

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
dont upgrade to 9 then if you are used to IE, they have blatently stolen bits from all the others and botched it together, it looks a mess and so basic

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
IE at work because they are corporate slaves with a control freak mentality and a fear of using something that isn't sponsored by Microsoft.

Opera at home (and on my USB stick so I can use it at work without them knowing.)

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
IE at work because they are corporate slaves with a control freak mentality and a fear of using something that isn't sponsored by Microsoft.

Opera at home (and on my USB stick so I can use it at work without them knowing.)

Tell me about it. Anything that does not have a Microsoft logo is unsafe, its pathetic.
Thing is, why use a browser that is unsafe.

You understand why people like Google do not use Microsoft Servers to run their services. If they did Google would not exist today.

Zabadda

Jun 29, 2008
It's Microsoft which means the code will have holes all over the place and there will be patches every week to fix their bad coding.

Good luck with the viruses!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports