Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Idiot who threw the bottle (etc...)

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
A couple of similar incidents near me, sitting/standing related. All very petty and fuelled by alcohol :rolleyes:

Many beered up twats in our end. Bloke behind me called every one of our players a C**T at some point. Then urged everyone to get behind the team !!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I guess I was quite lucky in that respect. I managed to get a seat in one of those pitch-side blocks released to the club by the FA as part of the additional allocation. No doubt everyone was 100% an Albion supporter so a great atmosphere, but no pissed up idiots.

There was a family in front of us and the girl / young woman was wearing what looked to be an original Bukta blue and white stripped shirt a with red '2' on a white panel on the back. :clap2:

[MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] would barely have been able to contain himself.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I guess I was quite lucky in that respect. I managed to get a seat in one of those pitch-side blocks released to the club by the FA as part of the additional allocation. No doubt everyone was 100% an Albion supporter so a great atmosphere, but no pissed up idiots.

There was a family in front of us and the girl was wearing what looked to be an original Bukta blue and white stripped shirt with '2' on the back.:clap2:

[MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] would barely have been able to contain himself.

I guess some of this needs to be put in context. Two nobbers in a few thousand near me - everyone else was fantastic. Had a tremendous day out, Green Man was good fun and managed a pint on the concourse in a good atmosphere.

The row that was happening on the steps was odd because it wasn’t day trippers involved, at least on one side of it - many of us would know those who seemed upset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

There was a family in front of us and the girl was wearing what looked to be an original Bukta blue and white stripped shirt a with red '2' on a white panel on the back. :clap2:

Ken Tiler's family?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Sadly the trouble started before the game on the way into Wembley Park. My 11 yo son needed a wee, so, me knowing that there's a toilet at Finsbury Park, and us leaving early enough to cope, we got off to sort him out. It was there that a group of utterly bladdered albion fans tried to push on to the tube train via one door, despite there being an entire platform for them to get on the tube, and another train pulling into the station a minute after that one. Cue a load of pissed "we're the seagulls, we do what we want" chants as they held the door open for around a minute. Utter twats. Beer throwing then ensured as a load of idiots (with children!) decided to climb onto the seats on the platform and hurl abuse at their own fans.

I've said it before (on social media) and I'll say it here. 5.30pm was a ****ing ridiculous time for the game, given the amount of time for alcohol consumption, and for the poor Citeh fans who had to get home.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
On the way home saw a load of pissed Albion fans trying to force their way on to a very clearly full train. Threw some beer onto the people on board, threatened to beat them up if they ever saw them again, the usual bully tactics

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I saw some of it yesterday. Few of our “regulars” looking for a scrap after the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same, saw a group of lads I recognise from the NS trying to kick off trouble with city fans outside. When they got what they wanted, a huge city fan came charging towards them and they bottled it big time.

As for trouble in wembley itself, I didn't see any. But I didn't go for the cheap seats which is where you'd find most of the day trippers.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Saw a group of Brighton thugs swearing at children and snarling at the elderly. I went over and gave them a good telling off. The thousand or so fans sat around me applauded my actions and chanted my name.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
There was an idiot outside gate 543 ish who as I walked past hit me in the stomach! I turned round to see who it was (thinking it was someone I knew) but I didn't recognise him and I just stood there for a second confused why he did it, he then said " I'm bored now anyway" and looked away! You get some right dicks out and about on big Albion awaydays.
An example of why the old days, and the core championship away fan base is so much better.

Sent from my HUAWEI G7-L01 using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
With a 'core' fanbase of between 10k and 12k it's safe to say there were a lot of casual followers and day trippers yesterday. Most of whome wish to have enjoyable day out watching the match. There are still a minority of the normal kind of idiots amongst them, who can be seen at most away games. Those who stand in gang ways, or push their way into already overcrowded rows, openly drinking and lobbing unidentified liquids over people sitting below them. It's up to the the stadium staff and authorities to warn the eject these antisocial morons and the club to subsequently ban them from attending future events.

Unfortunately very little attention is paid to this problem. Therefore it will continue, as the purportraiters know they will get away with it.

That is it in a nutshell. The more important the match, and the greater number of tickets sold, and the closer to Sussex the venue, then you get those whose support is such that we would never go, say, to Burnley, but know that local grounds will attract similar prats, who then congregate together with the precise intention of causing mayhem. A 5.30 kick-off invites drunkenness, and yesterday was a prime example as the lesser lights amongst our support took advantage. We arrived in Baker Street at just after 12 and I was amazed at how many had clearly been drinking a lot by then. I am NOT knocking the atmosphere, which was great, and the majority can pace themselves with their drinking but sadly the minority show no interest in that sort of self-control. And then, after masses of alcohol, dealing with them in the ground can be very difficult, as they are likely to react aggressively, so the stewards prefer to look the other way. The losers, as ever, are the loyal respectable fans close to them, who have to put up with it.

Jul 7, 2003
Bit of posturing between a group of our fans who are old enough to know better in Block 134 looked like it might kick off but ended up in handshakes.

Also in there, one lad was openly drinking from bottles of cider throughout the game - standing on his seat cheering the team on with arms wide open, drink in hand. Wembley steward finally spotted him in the 87th minute to take his drink away :rolleyes:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Bit of posturing between a group of our fans who are old enough to know better in Block 134 looked like it might kick off but ended up in handshakes.

Was that towards the back, sounds like near us, the bald guy was giving it all and saying "I've done this for 30 years your not telling me what I should or shouldn't say"

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Tesco, York coach park.
Post match there was an overrun small Tesco shop next to the York coach park. Impossible to buy anything as the queue was the length of the shop. No security and yet whilst I stood outside watching I swear all that MAY have been stolen were a couple of bottles of water. Most came out empty handed or had bought a meal deal. If PB reads this please note, we're not all bad!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A bit of the silliness was from non chemically enhanced, liquid fuelled supporters expecting people to remain seated the entire match. But the 'come on then' responses were embarrasing.

Great day out though and the team and support (mainly second half) did us proud.

This!!!!! Altercation in Block 129 due to one row of people being absurdly over zealous about people sitting down. Game had barely started when they were barking at the row in front in an overly aggressive manner which not unsurprisingly drew a heated response. It then went back and forth in a rather handbags manner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here