Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ideas for Todd Boehly to monetise football a bit more?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Beheadings of infidels at half time? Crowd vote on who loses a hand/head via phone-ins/red button etc. That could get the Saudis on board as well.

Too far?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Beheadings of infidels at half time? Crowd vote on who loses a hand/head via phone-ins/red button etc. That could get the Saudis on board as well.

Too far?

too far, they don't go for the beheadings so much in the states.

Maybe some half time entertainment involving guns perhaps, like say a goalkeeper wears a Kevlar shirt and gloves and has to save bullets fired at him from the penalty spot.

This is how he persuaded Graham Potter to come to Chelsea

Boehly “Whooaa, it’s Todd here, great to meet you Gordon, you’re awesome, I’ve heard so much about what you’ve achieved at Bournemouth, fancy a Bud?

”Potter ”It’s Graham, not Gordon, and the club is Brighton. Just a cup of tea for me please”

TB “ Details shmetails dude. Want some Jack Daniels in that tea? So where is it you come from, tell me your back story Gary?”

GP “Well I was born in Birmingham...”

TB "That's cotton picking superb, super cool Gavin, I didn’t know you were an Alabama good old boy. Great to meet a Confederate. (whispers quietly) You a member of the Klan? Not my scene either buddy, but we found an imperial wizard outfit down at Cobham recently, has the number 26 on the back of it for some reason, no idea why. I’m sure you could borrow it”

GP “Err…it’s Birmingham, England, and I have no time for the Klan”

TB “Fair enough, never knew that England was part of Alabama, but geometry wasn’t my major subject at college. So tell me about your football philosophy Gabriel”

GP “I believe in developing the individual physically and emotionally, encouraging risk taking and decision making, and the concept of the team as a collective allowing the player to maximise their potential within a framework, with a fluid tactical structure that moves from 3-5-2 to 3-1-4-2 to 3-4-2-1 as and when necessary”

TB “Way to go bro, but there’s 11 players in a team, so leave the numbers to me, how about 3-5-3 instead as a start point?”

GP “Well actually the goalkeeper is excluded from the formation, so it is the ten outfield players that count”

TB “Awesome, I’m learning more and more about this soccer franchise game every day. Our goal tender at Chelsea is, like, totally bad, do you have a good one at Brechin? What’s he called?

GP” Sanchez”

TB “ Sanchez! I love Mexicans, let’s sign him as soon as possible. Is there any chance you could release him from training each Wednesday to clean my pool by any chance?”

GP “He’s from Spain”

TB “Is that in North or South Mexico? We can perhaps play a Mexican team in a pre-season game. You been to the US much?”

GP “Not often, I have worked exclusively in Scandinavia and the UK”

TB “Not a problem Graydon, we have 99% of the same language, and I can introduce you to American traditions such as frat parties, clam bakes, baby showers and high school massacres. By the way Potter, can you get my kids, Todd Junior and Todette, free tickets for the Hogwarts Tour?”

GP “I’m nothing to do with Harry Potter, it’s fiction, a bit like Donald Trump’s tax returns”

TB “We’ve just signed a load of players, but if you don’t like them I will just trade them with other franchise owners like I do with the Lakers”

GP “It’s not as easy with football, the players have to agree to the transfer too”

TB “Jesus H Christ, you mean that players have rights, that is just super wrong Grant. So do you want to be the coach of Chelsea football club?”

GP “Well I’m starting to have some doubts, not sure our emotional intelligence is aligned”

TB “How does a £60 million contract sound?"

GP "Where do I sign? God Bless America, let’s go you muthaf..

That's funny:bowdown:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Hey Todd, why don’t we all just pay our income tax to Chelsea? Sort of cut out the middle man and do away with all other clubs so you can have it all? ‘Cause that would be interesting. Also, why are rich Americans like you such bell ends?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This is how he persuaded Graham Potter to come to Chelsea

Boehly “Whooaa, it’s Todd here, great to meet you Gordon, you’re awesome, I’ve heard so much about what you’ve achieved at Bournemouth, fancy a Bud?

”Potter ”It’s Graham, not Gordon, and the club is Brighton. Just a cup of tea for me please”

TB “ Details shmetails dude. Want some Jack Daniels in that tea? So where is it you come from, tell me your back story Gary?”

GP “Well I was born in Birmingham...”

TB "That's cotton picking superb, super cool Gavin, I didn’t know you were an Alabama good old boy. Great to meet a Confederate. (whispers quietly) You a member of the Klan? Not my scene either buddy, but we found an imperial wizard outfit down at Cobham recently, has the number 26 on the back of it for some reason, no idea why. I’m sure you could borrow it”

GP “Err…it’s Birmingham, England, and I have no time for the Klan”

TB “Fair enough, never knew that England was part of Alabama, but geometry wasn’t my major subject at college. So tell me about your football philosophy Gabriel”

GP “I believe in developing the individual physically and emotionally, encouraging risk taking and decision making, and the concept of the team as a collective allowing the player to maximise their potential within a framework, with a fluid tactical structure that moves from 3-5-2 to 3-1-4-2 to 3-4-2-1 as and when necessary”

TB “Way to go bro, but there’s 11 players in a team, so leave the numbers to me, how about 3-5-3 instead as a start point?”

GP “Well actually the goalkeeper is excluded from the formation, so it is the ten outfield players that count”

TB “Awesome, I’m learning more and more about this soccer franchise game every day. Our goal tender at Chelsea is, like, totally bad, do you have a good one at Brechin? What’s he called?

GP” Sanchez”

TB “ Sanchez! I love Mexicans, let’s sign him as soon as possible. Is there any chance you could release him from training each Wednesday to clean my pool by any chance?”

GP “He’s from Spain”

TB “Is that in North or South Mexico? We can perhaps play a Mexican team in a pre-season game. You been to the US much?”

GP “Not often, I have worked exclusively in Scandinavia and the UK”

TB “Not a problem Graydon, we have 99% of the same language, and I can introduce you to American traditions such as frat parties, clam bakes, baby showers and high school massacres. By the way Potter, can you get my kids, Todd Junior and Todette, free tickets for the Hogwarts Tour?”

GP “I’m nothing to do with Harry Potter, it’s fiction, a bit like Donald Trump’s tax returns”

TB “We’ve just signed a load of players, but if you don’t like them I will just trade them with other franchise owners like I do with the Lakers”

GP “It’s not as easy with football, the players have to agree to the transfer too”

TB “Jesus H Christ, you mean that players have rights, that is just super wrong Grant. So do you want to be the coach of Chelsea football club?”

GP “Well I’m starting to have some doubts, not sure our emotional intelligence is aligned”

TB “How does a £60 million contract sound?"

GP "Where do I sign? God Bless America, let’s go you muthaf..

The funniest post I have read on here in ages, well done.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Cookies in the electronic pitch side advertising boards that interact with your 'smart' TV.

Armchair fans won't all see the same adverts. They will be targeted at each individual TV, Big Brother stylee.

In fact, trials for this are being rolled out at the next World Cup apparently.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
He even mentioned how few goals there are compared to touch downs so would not be surprised if his next suggestion is bigger goals

Diana Ross would still miss.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
too far, they don't go for the beheadings so much in the states.

Maybe some half time entertainment involving guns perhaps, like say a goalkeeper wears a Kevlar shirt and gloves and has to save bullets fired at him from the penalty spot.

Or get some schoolchildren to sit at desks and shoot as many as possible in 60 seconds.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
An alternative perspective:

Maybe the Charity Shield at the start of each season should comprise of a North/South team all-stars. More inclusive for all fans and not just the fans of the league champions and FA Cup Winners. Hey, maybe All proceeds of the match could go to charities rather than most of the money raised being divided by the usual money grabbing ellite clubs. The all star teams could be managed by the manager of the year and the runner up.

Who knows, ths all star charity match at Wembley may even be a full house for a change.

Just saying

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Charge fans on average £60 for a shitty replica top. Charge extra to have other things stuck on it.

Oh.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020

Maybe the Charity Shield at the start of each season should comprise of a North/South team all-stars. More inclusive for all fans and not just the fans of the league champions and FA Cup Winners. Hey, maybe All proceeds of the match could go to charities rather than most of the money raised being divided by the usual money grabbing ellite clubs. The all star teams could be managed by the manager of the year and the runner up.

Who knows, ths all star charity match at Wembley may even be a full house for a change.

Just saying

Fans united, will never be defeated.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
Charge fans on average £60 for a shitty replica top. Charge extra to have other things stuck on it.

Oh.

Turn the FA Charity Shield into an annual Fans United day (against a Super League). Every fan wears their own colours and raises money for charity.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Just saying

What do you think happens to the proceeds of the existing Community Shield game!?

https://www.thefa.com/competitions/the-fa-community-shield/more/where-the-money-goes

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Super club Sweep.

Super clubs like Chelsea get given a shopping trolley and have to fill it with as many staff as they can from a lower but promising club in 1 min.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here