Ideas for Swindon - The Argus Will Print Prescott Masks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Ideas for Swindon

I've been a regular reader of this site for years, and an Albion fan & season ticket holder for as long as I can remember, but haven't until now got round to actually registering. So HELLO to all North Stand Chat-ers...!

My first post dives straight in at the deep end, and it's an idea for some publicity on Sunday - hopefully this doesn't cover any old ground, I do remember seeing a previous post aimed at getting as many of us as possible wearing the stripes...

Although Sunday is about what happens on the pitch, it is obviously an ideal opportunity to promote our Falmer cause one more time. Whilst the Wycombe 'sit-in' was well supported from the fans point of view, and was a moving afternoon, many people commented how dissappointing the media coverage was. On Sunday the Sky cameras will be out in force, so a large audience is pretty much guaranteed - and it maybe gives us one last chance to drum the message home to football fans around the country, and two-jags himself.

The idea is that as many of us as possible make a simple 'mask' using a life-size picture of John Prescotts face. This is bound to be picked up by the Sky cameras if a few hundred of us do it, and it would be quite simple to get organised this week. I for one am prepared to make a few to hand out, and if there are large enough groups of us dotted about the stand wearing them this could be pretty effective - even if the masks are only to be worn before kick-off (then generally waved around in the air whenever a Falmer song is being belted out) - what do you all think?! It could be worth one more effort...WE WANT FALMER!!!!

:falmer:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I fully agree.

So I am now wearing an Afro, a John Prescott Mask, Stripes and holding up and A4 piece of paper with the stadium picture on it.

I hope John wont take the mask and the afro in the wrong way. :jester:

Seriously, I'm with you here. We must make our point.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Prescott mask and Iwelumo wig!!!

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Something like this?

PrescottAfro.JPG

Last edited:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
As the game is televised shall we take along the giant flag? It always looks good on that open terrace.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
It's supposed to go over the heads of the fans before the game, not be laid out over empty seats.

We've taken it to Swindon before and last time the flag was folded up and placed to one side after it had gone over everyone's head.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I bought 50 Blue & White Balloons today. I also bought a cool AFRO. Oh and blue and white hair colour spray. Not sure about HAIR COLOUR and AFRO but I'll think of something. :jester:

Locky

Oct 2, 2003
Brighton
Although it may be late, it is certainly worth a try....................................for all we know Prescott may well be sitting at home this weekend with all the evidence layed out before him and pondering the question should I say YES or No !!

As lush has already asked : Can anyone put one together for down-loading and printing off?

A sensible one that is
:lolol:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Uncle Buck said:
You could try something unique and turn up and just get behind the team. I am sure the players will not mind if you do not have the correct affro on.

Does this include being 7 time over the drink driving limit calling them all horrid names?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports