Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Ideas for Girona?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Having a quick stopover in Girona in 10 days for a couple of days - does anyone have any recommendations for good places to eat (not Michelin star as have 14 yr old in tow!) and essential things to see. Thanks in advance

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
It's a beautiful city, particularly by night. A little like Avignon ... they really know how to light their cities on the continent to the full benefit of their medieval architecture. Suggest nothing more than an amble after dark to get your bearings in the the old town, particularly a walk up the steps to the Cathedral and across the Eiffel Bridge on the river.. get lost In the Old town streets and select some eateries and cafes for the following day. Its not a very big centre as I recall though some steep steps in places.

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
Girona (ish) resident here. For local stuff, try Rocambolesc for ice cream. We often just go to a place called Porcus for a plate of Iberico ham with Pan Tumaca. both are central. Rest is up to your noses, I would say!

For foreign food - there's a Galette place (Creperie Breton), well tasty with the cider, and for Pizza, nothing is better than Pulcinella. (ask for no oregano).

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
cafe le bistrot near the cathedral was absolutely lovely when i went. not that expensive at all, rustic flavourful food. simple but amazing outdoor seating area. no menu in english, at least when i was there, which was quite a fun experience

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Got to allow at least one day just to wander around. Incredible city, amazing architecture and a lovely old wall which you can walk around.

Also if you are a GOT fan, there were quite a scenes shot in the city and last time I was there just before lockdown, there was the famous throne of swords which you can sit in and get a photo of.

This scene is in Girona for example.
Screenshot_2023-07-28-06-09-07-98_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
DO NOT listen to The Knack. If you always get it up for the touch of the younger kind, you will be arrested. Even if they are a little pretty one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here