Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ideas for creating an atmosphere on Saturday

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Without going into a Delia Smith rant, we know that on Saturday we the supporters (let alone the players) "need to raise our game".

Attila is addressing the music aspect and there are other things being talked about.

What I think we need - if it's possible - is something in each section of the stands. Each section can do something different, but we need a bod(s) in each section of the ground to lead the way.

Balloons - yes; but anything really - colourful, a big banner, anything.

Can we get the sections listed and a volunteer(s) for each can add their idea(s). In the past, NSC has generated some great ideas for the FFA campaign - in the next 24-36 hours we need to come up something practical, easy, visible and simple.

Remember that not all Albion fans are on NSC - but word can spread fast if the idea(s) hit the mark.

I'll probably be shot down in flames and the usual bods will have a rant at me - but anything is worth a try in my book.

Mods might like to make this a sticky.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
How about people bring along cookies and lemonade which is laced with Ecstasy to get everyone going!

Im sure that people will be able to bring balloons, rip up old books and thompson locals (there bluea int they)

What about a sheffield Wednesday style band, can anyone play instruments like the trumpet and stuff. (has anyone got drums and shit at least)

how about a large mexican wave every now and then before and during the game.

CHEERLEADERS!

Half-Time entertainment at least like a penelty shootout (can this be arranged at short notice)

OR, if no-one wants to sing, Attillia can get hold of some crowd recordings and play that during the game.

How about people making sex noises during the game. That would be a laugh (yes im gettnig despreate now)

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I'll bring some balloons

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
the solution to Withdeans atmosphere problems is one of those mega phones that some foriegn teams have. The whole ground would hear it and join in an not sing there own songs.
This should be given to someone like Krispies

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Adams score 0 said:
In the cold wet sleet.
What better reason to jump around and stay warm.

The state of weatherforecasting in this country means it will probably be a balmy summer's day and all the more reason for the whole ground to join in with a rendition of Hanson's MmmBop. If that doesnae spur the players onto victory god knows what will.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Henfield One said:
Without going into a Delia Smith rant, we know that on Saturday we the supporters (let alone the players) "need to raise our game".

Attila is addressing the music aspect and there are other things being talked about.

What I think we need - if it's possible - is something in each section of the stands. Each section can do something different, but we need a bod(s) in each section of the ground to lead the way.

Can we get the sections listed and a volunteer(s) for each can add their idea(s). In the past, NSC has generated some great ideas for the FFA campaign - in the next 24-36 hours we need to come up something practical, easy, visible and simple.

Remember that not all Albion fans are on NSC - but word can spread fast if the idea(s) hit the mark.

I'll probably be shot down in flames and the usual bods will have a rant at me - but anything is worth a try in my book.

damned right- as i said in Attila's thread just remember the days when we all used to celebrate goals with vigour, where it was neccesary to get to the north stand an hour and a half before kick off to reserve your place, read the programme, listen to the quality of richard linfield in the pre match warm up (stretching it a bit here i know!).

As for the paper suggestion thats awesome, lets make the litter patrollers earn theur corn and everyone possible bring any ripped up paper.... if pompey can do it so can we. Also we have a stadium akin to a Seria A perrenial struggler so lets make as much noise, throw as much paper, toilet rolls anything to get the place buzzing!!!!!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Henfield One said:

damned right- as i said in Attila's thread just remember the days when we all used to celebrate goals with vigour, where it was neccesary to get to the north stand an hour and a half before kick off to reserve your place, read the programme, listen to the quality of richard linfield in the pre match warm up (stretching it a bit here i know!).

As for the paper suggestion thats awesome, lets make the litter patrollers earn their corn and everyone possible bring any ripped up paper.... if pompey can do it so can we. Also we have a stadium akin to a Seria A perrenial struggler so lets make as much noise, throw as much paper, toilet rolls anything to get the place buzzing!!!!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Re: Re: Ideas for creating an atmosphere on Saturday

fourthteamtillidie said:

Salad days indeed.
:clap2:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Cereal Killer said:
How about people bring along cookies and lemonade which is laced with Ecstasy to get everyone going!

Im sure that people will be able to bring balloons, rip up old books and thompson locals (there bluea int they)

What about a sheffield Wednesday style band, can anyone play instruments like the trumpet and stuff. (has anyone got drums and shit at least)

how about a large mexican wave every now and then before and during the game.

CHEERLEADERS!

Half-Time entertainment at least like a penelty shootout (can this be arranged at short notice)

OR, if no-one wants to sing, Attillia can get hold of some crowd recordings and play that during the game.

How about people making sex noises during the game. That would be a laugh (yes im gettnig despreate now)
:lolol: if you could get all those things together , that would be class

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Nice one Henfield One. Something definitely needs to be done.

We desperately need that 'twelfth man' especially as the other 11 aren't much kop these days!

I always find that a few pints loosen the vocal chords and put me in a better frame of mind for a sing-song.

I think everyone - man, woman and child - should sink 4, 5 or 6 pre-match ales, lagers, whiskies, gins, meths - whatever your tipple - to get them in the mood.

This game is vital. Let's get behind the boys (as Jacko would say) and roar them to safety.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Get the Sportsman to serve beer at £2 a pint and get the stewrads to stop telling the J block to sit down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here