[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Do you need a vaccine passport to watch Brighton at Burnley? Do you need to do a LFT? Do you need to show ID? Do you need a smart phone? Do you have to wear a mask?

If the answer to the above questions is no, does this make the supporters going irresponsible?

This is what seems to be applied to anyone that has any issues with the measures being brought in at the Amex.

I am going to Burnley and will have with me my vaccine passport, ID, smartphone and mask so no, I’m not irresponsible.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Vaccinated people can spread the virus. There seems to be an assumption the vaccine passport is about spread. I don’t think it is, if we’re getting back to normal it’s reducing the risk of severe illness.

vaccination does reduce the spread of the virus.

Personally would of preferred everyone to do a negative test and act how you like when in the ground if was an option v masks and current contradictions .

test seem like a good idea until you realise there's just the same problems, plus unreliable results, can be gamed and expense (though club of course wont get drawn on those points). a Covid passport and ID check is free and reasonably reliable.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Personally would of preferred everyone to do a negative test and act how you like when in the ground if was an option v masks and current contradictions .

Just seems so over the top with the masks but can’t be surprised we are the ones being so cautious . When you look at that Burnley rules , that’s all you need .

Frustrating as not worn a mask for weeks but now it become compulsory again .

Softie fans , softie club

Be interesting to see how it’s enforced .

I spoke to the club yesterday;

“As face coverings are no longer mandatory then this is something that we won't be enforcing. This is just a recommendation.”

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You may have, I’m just saying that I think it’s silly to make people use the passport to get into the ground, knowing fully well that a whole load of unvaccinated people could just be on the train anyway. To that’s not really stopping any thing. Do we know the chance of spread from asymptomatic people? I’m not advocating for symptomatic people to go anywhere, same as before Covid came about. We’ve always potentially been carrying viruses that ‘could’ kill someone, especially flu.

Vaccine away, that’s up to them, I just can’t stand the presumption that everyone who isn’t vaccinated has Covid. I think for a good % of the population it would be a good idea to have it, not for someone of my age or younger though because there are risks, just like with any vaccines.

Not sure what you're doing still on this thread as you've given your season ticket up.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I think they just give examples, they say ‘some form of photo ID’, so not prescribing what it is. Interestingly it reads like this requirement was already in place before Covid.

Yes but comparing that to our photo ID required with no clarity by way of example it's a good way to go

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope you are right but at Gatwick there were only 2 planes that landed in several hours before us (indeed they had 11 arrivals all day!) and all we had to show was a passenger locator form, negative covid test and passport. It took us 2 hours to get through, not particularly a lack of staff but gross stupidity on a large proportion of people in front of us.

That was early February so let's hope that people are more prepared now

If it gives you hope for your next return from Tenerife or a holiday, that all took us one minute at London City Airport this week. Simply scanned the passport in the usual machine. :smile:

The prep was done on holiday, completing online the UK’s Passenger Locator Form, with full details given of the NHS Covid Pass, PCR test result in Spain and booked 2 Day PCR test on return.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
According to the club website anyone over 12 requires photo id. Is Bus id accepted?

When I went to the Man City game with my boy I had his passport but as we were queuing up I said to him to show them your Bus ID and see what happens. Turns out a Bus ID was fine and he was waved through.

The website didn't at the time didn't specify what sort of Photo ID was acceptable.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Interestingly you need ID at Burnley
In line with normal ticketing policy we would ask that all supporters bring some form of photo ID with them on matchday (drivers licence, work ID, student ID or blue badge).

I've never been asked to produce any form of ID when entering Burnley's ground, will they be asking to check ID for the first time next week.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I only had a paper driving licence, as have not needed to change it in 30+ years at this address.

Didn't fancy taking (well remembering to take) my passport to every game, so Tuesday Evening I took the plunge and applied for a photo driving licence. £20 for 10 years (well, 8 for me as you have to get a new one at age 70). Didn't know if I'd get it in time for the for the first home game.

It arrived in the post today, now in my phone cover/card older. I'm ready!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports