Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
A relative went to Test Match yesterday along with 25k others. Just showed a ticket. Why is it different with football

New Gov rules from October 1. Some football clubs introducing rules in advance to be preparred.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I went to the theatre royal last night. They similarly have the covid pass check at the door to the building, then ticket check at the door to the auditorium. Wasn't really a hassle, didn't see too long a queue. Though there was no id requirement.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I went to the theatre royal last night. They similarly have the covid pass check at the door to the building, then ticket check at the door to the auditorium. Wasn't really a hassle, didn't see too long a queue. Though there was no id requirement.

With a seating capacity of less than a 1000 the Theatre Royal doesn't fall anywhere near a 'large event'!!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
However, having spent 2 hours queuing to get out of (a very quiet) Gatwick earlier this year, principally because people were poorly prepared or just totally thick, I am expecting carnage on the 21st:

Carnage ? It’s an extra couple of checks by a steward for something 95% of fans will have with them anyway (on their phone or wallet) and most will have seen the comms if not to get in line. (LF tests etc)
Club managed the 8000 for Man City smoothly. And
Music festivals, Wimbledon, multiple football stadiums have all done this pretty smoothly.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Carnage ? It’s an extra couple of checks by a steward for something 95% of fans will have with them anyway (on their phone or wallet) and most will have seen the comms if not to get in line. (LF tests etc)
Music festivals, Wimbledon, multiple football stadiums have all done this pretty smoothly.

Particularly from where I enter the stadium from (Falmer Station) the volume of fans does come via waves with trickles in between. Strategy might be to rush off the train as quickly as you can or simply hang back and stroll up the walkway to let others get through without hanging around too much.

I foresee the entire width of the walkway to be made up of 10-20 check points (a bit like exiting the trains at Victoria). Requires quite a lot of staff but that is how I would run it.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I hope you are right but at Gatwick there were only 2 planes that landed in several hours before us (indeed they had 11 arrivals all day!) and all we had to show was a passenger locator form, negative covid test and passport. It took us 2 hours to get through, not particularly a lack of staff but gross stupidity on a large proportion of people in front of us.

That was early February so let's hope that people are more prepared now

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
why wasn't there this much uproar when they introduced body searches and bag checks upon entry a few years ago. That takes a good few seconds and probably as much time as a quick ID/PASS check. It hasn't changed the match day experience for me.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
why wasn't there this much uproar when they introduced body searches and bag checks upon entry a few years ago. That takes a good few seconds and probably as much time as a quick ID/PASS check. It hasn't changed the match day experience for me.

That was a dumb post! Now we can expect at least 20 pages of retro indignation from the usual suspects!!!

Showing a photo id to prove who I am is an absolute no no but some stranger touching my body is acceptable!

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
That was a dumb post! Now we can expect at least 20 pages of retro indignation from the usual suspects!!!

Showing a photo id to prove who I am is an absolute no no but some stranger touching my body is acceptable!

soz

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Silly question but anyone think it will sell out for Watford?

Looks like we are going to Cornwall the Sunday and will drive down to Salisbury on Saturday lunchtime, so I will plonk the ticket on the exchange!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Silly question but anyone think it will sell out for Watford?

Looks like we are going to Cornwall the Sunday and will drive down to Salisbury on Saturday lunchtime, so I will plonk the ticket on the exchange!

Yes.

Yes it is a silly question.
😉

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I'd like to thank you for raising this question.

I've had a shit day with work etc., and reading your amusingly crap attempts at reductio ad absurdum gives me no end of joy.

It's like the Portsmouth Sinfonia without the self awareness or underlying musical ability :lolol:

Of course it does, all the while I’m poking holes in your little fantasy. I’ll be on those trains with no jab or test, what are you going to do about it?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
No refunds given by the club. Excellent work, so moral :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here