[NSC] ID required to enter the Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I would like to join them. The only Photo ID I own is a passport that expired at the start of the Covid outbreak. Was no point in renewing at the time as it was clear international travel was going to off the radar for the foreseeable future (would rather wait until restrictions are lifted where I would like to go as well before I start travelling abroad again). I also don't drive. I just hope the club, when looking at my passport, will accept it.

Would they accept my NHS ID (considering I've already had to prove who I am to obtain it)?

Surely a photo of the out of date passport on your phone is still proof of ID? Its only name and photo?

I have a driving licence which I carry BUT a photo of my passport is always on my phone, that must be aceptable who wants to carry a passport around the UK for a football match? £85 for a replacement if lost?

or even a photocopy of said passport?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Surely a photo of the out of date passport on your phone is still proof of ID? Its only name and photo?

I have a driving licence which I carry BUT a photo of my passport is always on my phone, that must be aceptable who wants to carry a passport around the UK for a football match? £85 for a replacement if lost?

or even a photocopy of said passport?

I seriously doubt a steward at the Amex is going to be looking at the expiry date on a passport…! Won’t even cross their minds to.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I would like to join them. The only Photo ID I own is a passport that expired at the start of the Covid outbreak. Was no point in renewing at the time as it was clear international travel was going to off the radar for the foreseeable future (would rather wait until restrictions are lifted where I would like to go as well before I start travelling abroad again). I also don't drive. I just hope the club, when looking at my passport, will accept it.

Would they accept my NHS ID (considering I've already had to prove who I am to obtain it)?

I would imagine an out of date passport will be ok, it’s an acceptable form of photo ID to use as proof of right to work in the country (I have to check my staff ones every year)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would imagine an out of date passport will be ok, it’s an acceptable form of photo ID to use as proof of right to work in the country (I have to check my staff ones every year)

Can’t see a steward checking the expiry date anyway…….it’s just a name-match between covid pass/test result and ID doc.

Yoda

English & European

Hoping so. It wasn't good enough for the NHS App to prove my identity, so now when I get my vaccine pass from it, it is only valid for 48 hours at a time.

I cannot wait to go back in a couple of weeks, what I can wait for is the absolute farce that this idea is.

It's utter bol*ocks. I'm furious that the club feel this is necessary, the data is looking positive surrounding COVID and this is such a waste of time. I can go to a nightclub for a gig on the seafront and not have to do any of this currently and I'm hoping the clubs buck the idea too, at the end of September. (talk of them already doing so) and then I have to go to a Stadium outside and do this crap.

Doing LTF tests 48hours before, squashed on a train and then arriving at the stadium for the inevitable delays. What's the f***ing point.

I'm already not a fan of vaccine passports, I am fully in support of the vaccines and encourage everyone to get one as much as I can. I think those that dont are bloody idiots. However, it's their choice and I respect the freedom of choice. Forcing people via vaccine passports is completely wrong.

So many fans around the country are against this. It's discriminatory.

Don't get me started on the idea of ID too, I remember when it didnt hurt to give your mate your card if you couldn't go or a paper ticket and they spent money at the bars just like us. Clubs losing itself into the world of corporate or because someone else that comes might say a naughty word.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Hoping so. It wasn't good enough for the NHS App to prove my identity, so now when I get my vaccine pass from it, it is only valid for 48 hours at a time.

Balls. Getting that nhs app to work was my list of things to do for today and all I have is an expired passport.

Never really understand why being expired affects it other than being able to travel, someone was refused booze in a supermarket ahead of me because it wasn't valid

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Balls. Getting that nhs app to work was my list of things to do for today and all I have is an expired passport.

Never really understand why being expired affects it other than being able to travel, someone was refused booze in a supermarket ahead of me because it wasn't valid

If the issue is only getting 48 hour expiries for the QR then it isn’t a problem. It gives a new expiry every time you log in so just make sure you download to your wallet (or wherever, depending on your phone) no more than 48 hours prior to the game.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I cannot wait to go back in a couple of weeks, what I can wait for is the absolute farce that this idea is.

It's utter bol*ocks. I'm furious that the club feel this is necessary, the data is looking positive surrounding COVID and this is such a waste of time. I can go to a nightclub for a gig on the seafront and not have to do any of this currently and I'm hoping the clubs buck the idea too, at the end of September. (talk of them already doing so) and then I have to go to a Stadium outside and do this crap.

Doing LTF tests 48hours before, squashed on a train and then arriving at the stadium for the inevitable delays. What's the f***ing point.

I'm already not a fan of vaccine passports, I am fully in support of the vaccines and encourage everyone to get one as much as I can. I think those that dont are bloody idiots. However, it's their choice and I respect the freedom of choice. Forcing people via vaccine passports is completely wrong.

So many fans around the country are against this. It's discriminatory.

Don't get me started on the idea of ID too, I remember when it didnt hurt to give your mate your card if you couldn't go or a paper ticket and they spent money at the bars just like us. Clubs losing itself into the world of corporate or because someone else that comes might say a naughty word.

Have you ever been asked for ID to get into any of the bars or nightclubs you mentioned above ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It’s all a bit frustrating but the degree of hyperbole, fury and general anger being expressed by some is quite surprising. Agree it’s a bit of a faff but if that’s what we have to do until this thing is fully under control and we’ve learned to live with it then putting up with it to actually get back to watching some football then it’s no real drama and better than the alternative isn’t it ? Couldn’t stand watching another season of sterile, behind closed doors crap on TV. Can’t believe anyone is surprised about the protocols - ID and vaccine passport/negative test was always going to be needed and we all knew BHA would start at the more cautious/compliant end of the scale relative to other clubs - we always do. If the latest wave passes (early signs that hospitalisations and deaths are on the way down) I can see measures being relaxed quite quickly.

I did enjoy going to the friendly on Tuesday though - no ID, no mask, no e-ticket, no vaccine pass and a pint beside the pitch.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

If you speak to your GP, or email them, or text them, they’ll send you the full registration details for your NHS account, once this have been input your covid passport lasts for 30 days. You need a passcode, account ID and organisation code from them. Took about half an hour after I emailed my GP to get this information back, the wife’s information took half a day to come back from them.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It’s all a bit frustrating but the degree of hyperbole, fury and general anger being expressed by some is quite surprising.

I agree. Last season was the first one since 1965/66 where I hadn't seen a live Albion game. I can see the Amex from my house and it's been so frustrating to think that games are going on but have had no chance of attending. I'm absolutely gagging for a live match and don't care how many documents I have to bring to get to it.

I'm staggered by the number of people who put minor inconveniences ahead of seeing live football (shakes head sadly)

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A relative went to Test Match yesterday along with 25k others. Just showed a ticket. Why is it different with football

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
It’s all a bit frustrating but the degree of hyperbole, fury and general anger being expressed by some is quite surprising. Agree it’s a bit of a faff but if that’s what we have to do until this thing is fully under control and we’ve learned to live with it then putting up with it to actually get back to watching some football then it’s no real drama and better than the alternative isn’t it ? Couldn’t stand watching another season of sterile, behind closed doors crap on TV. Can’t believe anyone is surprised about the protocols - ID and vaccine passport/negative test was always going to be needed and we all knew BHA would start at the more cautious/compliant end of the scale relative to other clubs - we always do. If the latest wave passes (early signs that hospitalisations and deaths are on the way down) I can see measures being relaxed quite quickly.

I did enjoy going to the friendly on Tuesday though - no ID, no mask, no e-ticket, no vaccine pass and a pint beside the pitch.

I have no problem whatsoever in showing ID and proof of vaccination. However, having spent 2 hours queuing to get out of (a very quiet) Gatwick earlier this year, principally because people were poorly prepared or just totally thick, I am expecting carnage on the 21st.

Get there early is what Barber says ... I'm thinking Thursday should do it :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports