Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Iconic songs that YOU think are crap

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I’ll start with this much loved repetitive load of crap

https://youtu.be/kMYg_Ra4cr8

Flexing your Grandad credentials here Icy.

having recently spent some time 'being Trevor Bolder' I can confirm there is a lot more to 'simple blues' than meets most ears

There's a lot of BOwie stuff that sounds simple, but is far from, extremely clever arrangements and additional orchestrations . . . .Mick Ronson . . . . . . Steve Miller is another good example, sounds like 3 chords . .but. . . .

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Flexing your Grandad credentials here Icy.

having recently spent some time 'being Trevor Bolder' I can confirm there is a lot more to 'simple blues' than meets most ears

There's a lot of BOwie stuff that sounds simple, but is far from, extremely clever arrangements and additional orchestrations . . . .Mick Ronson . . . . . . Steve Miller is another good example, sounds like 3 chords . .but. . . .

Not having it, I turn this shite song off whenever I hear it. Are you going to post some “much loved” Status Quo shite next? :lolol:

Steve Miller is Brilliant though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Apart from the last line (My dad's musical interest ended with 'when I'm cleaning winders') I'm with you, bro. Self-inducted in my case.

One artist I dodged in the 60s but love these days is Alice Cooper. What a voice, what great songs :bowdown:

AND, Mr. Tackle, I'll have you know Alice lives here on Maui (as does Mick Fleetwood, Willie Nelson, Steven Tyler et many al.). The Alice attended to Mrs. Ken's (former) Baptist church, apparently a lovely guy. Oh, and just recently, on another note, Jeff Bezos.

Willie Nelson and son Lukas (cf. A Star is Born) in an open air all-day concert in Pacific Biodiesel's sunflower field this Sunday. 350 tickets (Ukraine benefit ),You heard it here first, I will be there :rock:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not having it, I turn this shite song off whenever I hear it. Are you going to post some “much loved” Status Quo shite next? :lolol:

Steve Miller is Brilliant though

Don't tempt me :lolol:

I could get down at any moment . . . .

We played it in the pub once (Down Down's a lot harder than it sounds . . .giggling before we started, expecting it to go badly, the whole pub was jumping within 10 seconds . . . . I don't think I've ever played a song that gone down better.

Apart from Gene Genie . . .obvs! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have not grasped the point of this thread have you? :lolol:

Of course I have. And have listled my big shitters.

Just pushing back over some of the more philistine numpty suggestions made by others :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I loved it, and even managed to feign illness so I could bunk off Boys' Brigade to see it on TOTP.

A great memory. My Mum put the thermometer in my mouth and I thought I was rumbled. Until she left the room and, quick thinking, I held it near the fire. Footsteps heard I put it back in my mouth. Temperature high, I got the sympathy treatment.

Still ranks at number one in my lifetime cunning deeds chart.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Pride - U2

I know it's not the done thing to like U2 on NSC - but back then they were a bloody good band. But this track ruins the album for me, and was so overplayed on the radio it became boring.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
AND, Mr. Tackle, I'll have you know Alice lives here on Maui (as does Mick Fleetwood, Willie Nelson, Steven Tyler et many al.). The Alice attended to Mrs. Ken's (former) Baptist church, apparently a lovely guy. Oh, and just recently, on another note, Jeff Bezos.

Willie Nelson and son Lukas (cf. A Star is Born) in an open air all-day concert in Pacific Biodiesel's sunflower field this Sunday. 350 tickets (Ukraine benefit ),You heard it here first, I will be there :rock:

Lovely to see you strumming your imaginary guitar. I hope all's well, and that your pen remains sharper than all those dullards' swords :thumbsup:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Like @HWT and [MENTION=28056]bn9 bha[/MENTION], I have very wide musical tastes.

Mine - from Thomas Tallis to Smetana to The Byrds to New Wave, euro pop and trance.

Dragged up in a home where my Dad had wide musical tastes, it rubbed off.

I was lucky enough to have good friends that were into music from early teens, my parents musical taste had zero influence on me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here