Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ice Cream vans

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Every ice cream man I have ever known has been a miserable cnt. It is one of those jobs that you think you may need a jovial disposition for, but then find out that everyone who actually does it is a complete misanthrope like the punch and judy man from hi de hi.

this rule also applies to seaside gift shop proprietors.

I did an ice-cream round many many years ago and wasn't a miserable so and so,especially if I was taking lots of money!!Pretty hard work actually;it was an old Mr.Whippy van and was like a pre-war tractor to drive.The tune was 'Greensleeves'and I couldn't get it out of my head for hours after finishing work.From memory,I don't think we were allowed to play the chimes after 7pm.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I did an ice-cream round many many years ago and wasn't a miserable so and so,especially if I was taking lots of money!!Pretty hard work actually;it was an old Mr.Whippy van and was like a pre-war tractor to drive.The tune was 'Greensleeves'and I couldn't get it out of my head for hours after finishing work.From memory,I don't think we were allowed to play the chimes after 7pm.

I said all the ones I had met mate. I am glad you were not a miserable Ice Cream Man. I can imagine the chimes do your head in. My own half baked theory is its a combination of that, and days of dealing with spoilt kids umming and ahhing over a funny feet or fab for 10 minutes, sent them mad.

I am happy that my theory is wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here