Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
We need some new Saffers.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Very much so

"If following a Player Review request, an original decision of ‘Out’ is changed to ‘Not Out’, then the ball is still deemed to have become dead when the original decision was made (as per Law 23.1(a)(iii))."

Did the Aussies even appeal for the run out?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
:shrug:

Who cares now? We got what we deserved.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
maybe we should play the ladies team
they at least have some backbone and are winners

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Did the Aussies even appeal for the run out?

Given the officials have now acknowledged publically they made an error, should there not be a replay? Playing in Australia is hard enough without this. Seriously, we might be crap but we can surely dig our heels in rather than accept this. You might think I am wrong, but ask yourself this...how close did the scores need to be before this became an issue. 10 runs? 20 runs? 50? There is a principle here I think.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
England being beaten is becoming as predictable as night following day.

I knew that unless we bowled them out for 250 or less we had pretty much no chance. The result is not a disappointment at all as it was fully expected. The stats for our 50 over games puts us marginally ahead of Zimbabwe and Bangaladesh in all departments of the game.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Given the officials have now acknowledged publically they made an error, should there not be a replay? Playing in Australia is hard enough without this. Seriously, we might be crap but we can surely dig our heels in rather than accept this. You might think I am wrong, but ask yourself this...how close did the scores need to be before this became an issue. 10 runs? 20 runs? 50? There is a principle here I think.

Losing by 110 odd runs is as close as we will ever get.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

This is the cricket world cup and the officials make a basic error despite having loads of time to consider and review, snd the ti e to talk to colleagues. Unbelievable. But England were never going to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here