Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Walker and that 'fan'

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
who honestly would have loved to have seen Ian "overpaid pretty boy overrated Walker" get a kicking....

....ME!!!!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Poor stewarding - wasn't Ecovert was it ?

Wotton is God

Jan 6, 2004
Ordinarily I'd come out with some dismissive remark about Walker - but he went up in my esimation on Saturday. I'd have done the same thing in his position, and so am glad he's not getting into trouble for it. Jeff Winter likewise handled it correctly, I think. As for the 'fan' - he deserved all he got, and more.

Interesting comment re Ecovert stewards - from an Argyle perspective, I thought for once they were OK on Saturday. Those of us who chose to stand up on Saturday could do so without hindrance, and we had no repeat of the incident a few years back where one of our number got hauled out for singing "who ate all the pies?" at an obviously humourless supervisor. Great atmosphere, sh1t result!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ian should get rid of the beard though, it looks as if he is a reject from Pirates of the Caribbean

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
On a positive note, at least Walker has a decent haircut these days, and thats the main thing.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I saw it on the Premiership last night. I didn't realised he'd pushed him so many times!

Why did it take the police and stewards so long to react?

I think Walker was a little OTT.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
fatboy said:

I think Walker was a little OTT.

He probably was a little OT but it was hardly a premeditated action. One minute he's minding his own business, watching balls flying past him into the net, and the next he's confronted by some drunken prat. He will hardly have been thinking clearly.

The basic question is - why the hell did he have time to push him that many times?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Walker was not OTT.

What did make me laugh was that when the stewards finally got there (arriving after the ref and two Leicester defenders) was that there was about 8 of them trying to get him away when Walker had got him to the floor on his own.

Also i noticed he came from the side of the pitch so had at least thirty yards to get to Walker.
I hope the frim that employed those stewards never works at that ground again. They have to be told that if they don't do their jobs properly then they won't work for football clubs anymore.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The Wookiee said:
Where on earth were the police and stewards.
How did that nutter get that far onto the pitch?
Micky picked him

Nov 3, 2003
delight seeing that **** Adams on the end of another quality managerial display told you he was no good and soon the Leicester board will sack him ! He never siad the fans at Withdean had a right to voice their opinions but sumhow its ok at Lester!!!!!! T***!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
I loved it when Big Ron said he should have chinned him (I agree - the stewards should never have allowed the fan to get near)
& Gabby said

"I feel I should point out that we on the Premiership do not condone the act of chinning."

That was really funny. I think the producers must have panicked, because Gabby didn't say anything until straight after the next commercial break...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I liked the video they showed of Brian Clough's version of stewarding when fans invaded the pitch during a Forest game (think it was Forest). As the fans were running by him he chinned three of them at least-the shocked look on the idiots faces was priceless:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here