Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ian Holloway

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Imagine if this alleged homophobic incident were to be reported to both the Police and Sky - a criminal investigation combined with suspension (at least) from your pundit job. A far worse allegation than that which got Gray and Keys fired. Still, at least they have got new jobs. In Qatar (oh, the irony). Merry Christmas, Ian.

Stumpy Tim

what a complete over reaction by some muppets on here. I thought he took the abuse he got from us in a good way and was just having a laugh. Some people really are so precious!!

I don't see anyone rushing to call in the police. The main thing is the stupidity given his position... could easily lose his job over something so avoidable

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
what a complete over reaction by some muppets on here. I thought he took the abuse he got from us in a good way and was just having a laugh. Some people really are so precious!!

Totally agree and I feel that our fans bring it upon themselves somewhat by their continual reference to homophobia if it was ignored it would just dry up or that is what I was told as a lad at school when people took the p..s

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Totally agree and I feel that our fans bring it upon themselves somewhat by their continual reference to homophobia if it was ignored it would just dry up or that is what I was told as a lad at school when people took the p..s

I think the reason it clearly has started massively drying up is BECAUSE banning orders etc are issues and legal action etc. So I think the complete opposite to you. I think the one calling people precious was referring to different 'banter' anyway...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Just like racism did, eh?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
After every game do we need to get outraged about something? What Saturday?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As Simster has pointed out: when Holloway had to walk the walk along the front of the Albion fans in the School End (admittedly accompanied by a few burly minders), he was lapping it up, giving people a cheery wave, grinning and taking the pantomime booing rather well. I can't stand the bloke, never have been able to tolerate his lame, scripted Brent-esque japery for the cameras, but I thought, fair play to him at that point.

It was only once he got to the safety of the Sky box that he evidently thought it would be hilarious to point to his backside and wave it around in our direction. Terribly puerile, IMHO, and, dare I say it, cowardly.

Probably just BANTER to him though, I guess. What a CARD he is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That's odd. Don't remember quoting you.

But thanks anyway. Yet again your Mejona radar is on fine form.
You didn't. And I don't have a Mejona radar, probably best illustrated by the fact I can't remember crossing swords with you more than twice before. It's more of a "smug condescending prick" radar, if you will. Hope this helps.

Fair enough

"Homophobia. Stamp it out.....if you can be arsed"

"See it? Report it. If you can be arsed"
Zing!

Ah yes, you'll see my "smug condescending prick" radar is working a TREAT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here