Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian holloway

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry, after the other guy I thought you had got the same impression from what I had said

Yeah fair enough. I think you guys' best chance is if you get one of ours sent off or a pen or a combo etc in the first half of the first game. We don't always handle that sort of thing very well...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you paired both Ulloa and CMS together at all? That COULD be quite a partnership.

Ulloa is TEN times the player CMS is. Lua Lua is a confidence player, and seems confidence is high right now.
Even as chairman of Team CMS that's all still hard to argue with.

The ray of hope I have, is that when Barker and to a lesser extent Barnes has been on the pitch they have both been looking to run onto Ulloa's flick-ons.
As yet it's not quite come off, but if that were to be a strategy going forward, Plan B if you like, CMS is definitely the man.

If those 2 were allowed to forge a striking relationship, next season could be delicious.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Have you paired both Ulloa and CMS together at all? That COULD be quite a partnership. Zaha has been pretty pants since he signed for Manure but Bolasie played even worse than him against Peterboro' so not too confident about that :(. I think the game could be won in midfield, Jedinak is a beast and always manages to get the ball off opposition players (apart from the nutmeg from Tomlin).

I'm predicting a win through a penalty, not sure what side though as our defence are prone to silly mistakes lately

Whilst being nervous I can't wait for either game. I think you are more geared up for the Prem than we are (stadium, crowds and the way you play football) and think you'd do a Swansea

Interesting point about Jedinak, for me he is your most formidable player because I think he ha a very positive impact on the collective Palace psyche, maybe it's his turn to get a red card!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
No i'm saying if you swap Ulloa for CMS, your team doesn't look as intimidating...

Who knows what's going to happen.

It's likely to be decided by a spot of brilliance from either team, one cut inside and decent shot from Lua Lua, one bit of trickery and shot from Zaha. A thumping header from Murray or Ulloa.

There really is very little in it, the one thing I'm hanging on to is how poor Palace have been in defence, we all know Holloway isn't the sort of person to organise his team well defensively and we have to exploit that. Murray and Phillips playing against us gives me shivers though, thankfully Phillips has an awful record in the playoffs!

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
What do you Brighton fans think the outcome will be after both legs (head & heart)?

Head tells me form goes completely out of the window; this is the derby. In neither of our meetings earlier in the season would I have predicted a 3-0, so whatever happens could easily come out of left-field. People said after our win that it was (in part) that Holloway didn't "get" the rivalry, in the same way that Gus didn't "get" it at the 1-3 last season. If they're right, then he probably "gets" it now.

Overall, head says the bookies have it right that we are favourites, but only just.

Heart tells me we'll win... but I've learned not to listen to the fool.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Even with all that you still conceded 2 goals to a League One side - so as good as your attacking play might've been, play like Saturday defensively and we will score plenty.

They were a championship side at the time? And have some excellent players that will move on to higher things and went down with the highest ever points for a relegated team in this division. You drew 0-0 to this 'League One' side only last month, should I judge your attack on that?

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Yep, another holloway dislike from me. I said the other day, he just looks like a pub bore or David Brent type "office comedian" coming out with lines from old comedies like his Blackadder line about ice cubes down the vest of fear.
Never forget he's a great boss and basically a chilled out entertainer,
Boring and unoriginal, rant over :)

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Personally, I feel we ought to win but really don't want to call it for tempting fate. We could easily, EASILY lose.

I could not have said it better myself. I'm going to try though:

With the form we've been in over the last month has been incredible and we should, if that form carries over, come out on top over two legs. However with the nature of the match, the pressure and the fact that Glenn ****ing Murray could return to ruin us I'm just not getting my hopes up. Yet.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Yeah fair enough. I think you guys' best chance is if you get one of ours sent off or a pen or a combo etc in the first half of the first game. We don't always handle that sort of thing very well...
Thanks for that advice , with having a clueless manager and a team full of divers that is our only hope . Basically we have got zero chance .

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks for that advice , with having a clueless manager and a team full of divers that is our only hope . Basically we have got zero chance .

I hope you won't be turning up on here Monday evening giving it the big'un after all these negative posts :thumbsup:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

LOVE IT that we are being written off by most. This club is always at it's best as the underdog. Villa Park 1990, Wembley 1997, Stadium of Light 2004, Hillsborough 2010, Old Trafford 2011.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I hope you won't be turning up on here Monday evening giving it the big'un after all these negative posts :thumbsup:

No , I will be offering you my congratulations on going through .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
LOVE IT that we are being written off by most. This club is always at it's best as the underdog. Villa Park 1990, Wembley 1997, Stadium of Light 2004, Hillsborough 2010, Old Trafford 2011.
As do we.

Personally I think this game has the ability to produce a crazy 10 minutes.
Goals, penalties, cards, the lot.
How that pans out will decide the whole 180 minutes of football.

If the ref isn't up to it, it could get messy.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there

Quite a few on here, me included are most definitely not writing you boys off. We know all to well how dangerous some of your lot are and throw in the lottery element of the play offs anything can happen. All I see is some nice healthy banter, pooface :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here