Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway to Palace tomorrow

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Do you really believe this drivel.

I thought such blind hatred was limited to those fans supporting our northern "one club town" teams.

what do you think is so unbelievable? that londoner is a fuckwit or holloway isnt as good as you think. he'll be ok at palace but hes no better than most other managers though he is more of a media sucking attention whore than any I can think of. And thats got nothing to do with him joining palace, I've always disliked the wanker as I've stated on several threads over the years.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
What the f*** has any of that drivel got to do with holloway being an overated carrot crunching dicksplash you half baked illiterate six fingered inbred fuckwit

nice !!!!! have to resort to insults when you have NO valid arguement..the jealousy is just oozing from this thread!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Despite what many say on here I see Holloway's appointment as a very good move for Palace and regrettably could be the key to their promotion to the Premier League or at least the play offs which is then a lottery.

Jan 31, 2012
I reckon it's a good match. A bloke that talks a load of shit, in a ground that's a piece of shit and a chairman that's full of shit....It will all fall apart at the 11th hour anyway. Palace are skint, whatevers been agreed in principal....Has MaCormack signed yet??

Another hissy fit, you girls really need to calm down :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Zaha to Wigan in January is where it all starts going wrong. Moxey (or whatever his name is) to Bolton Wanderers Football Club, home of loyal Palace legend Sir Douglas Freedman

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Despite what many say on here I see Holloway's appointment as a very good move for Palace and regrettably could be the key to their promotion to the Premier League or at least the play offs which is then a lottery.

But their chairman has publicly stated that they don't want promotion. The club is not financially secure yet. And he should know what's going on.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
But their chairman has publicly stated that they don't want promotion. The club is not financially secure yet. And he should know what's going on.

Utter, utter bullsh*t. Care to provide a link to where he said this? And your point has no logic behind it, surely getting promotion would make the club more financially secure?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I don't believe a word he says as he tends to say what the supporters want to hear. On the financial side the gain from promotion would not be sniffed at and would make them financially secure for some time to come, if added to the £20m he hopes to get for Zaha.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Utter, utter bullsh*t. Care to provide a link to where he said this? And your point has no logic behind it, surely getting promotion would make the club more financially secure?

Yep a season of being whipping boys would give a big advantage the following season back in the Championship due to the parachute payments. I'll be interested to see how Saints do next season assuming they come back down. If there are relegation clauses to offload or reduce wages in the event a team gets relegated it could benefit long term. I seem to remember WBA yo yoing for a few seasons. They are doing OK now.

A season of being shit would be depressing though, I'm in two minds as to whether I'd like to see us go up tbh. Being around the top of the Championship is likely to be much more interesting than being stuck at the bottom of the Premier League.

Do you think Palace have the potential to establish themselves in the Premier League if they got there? I'm not sure they do. Having said that I thought you'd struggle this season and sell Zaha before the transfer deadline in the summer, so what do I know?

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton

I don't do bullshit.

I read it in an article where Parish was explaining the reasons behind Dougie leaving. I am only prepared to waste a few minutes over this and you and I couldn't find it. You carry on wasting your time on a rival's forum.

Nearly 500 posts, absolutely none of them attempting anything about football and all of them trying to piss other people off. Well done.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you think Palace have the potential to establish themselves in the Premier League if they got there? I'm not sure they do. Having said that I thought you'd struggle this season and sell Zaha before the transfer deadline in the summer, so what do I know?

I don't think that they would but 1 season in the Premier and the parachute payments that go with relegation would do their finances the world of good.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I don't do bullshit.

I read it in an article where Parish was explaining the reasons behind Dougie leaving. I am only prepared to waste a few minutes over this and you and I couldn't find it. You carry on wasting your time on a rival's forum.

Nearly 500 posts, absolutely none of them attempting anything about football and all of them trying to piss other people off. Well done.

You've obviously misread the article then. As i said, surely getting promotion would make the club more financially secure, no?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
A season of being shit would be depressing though, I'm in two minds as to whether I'd like to see us go up tbh. Being around the top of the Championship is likely to be much more interesting than being stuck at the bottom of the Premier League.

I kind of agree with you, just ask Reading fans which season they have enjoyed more, this year or last year and I bet most say last year as they were winning each week and now seem to lose most games.

It would be very hard to stay up but Norwich and Swansea have proved it can be done. Holloway also was half an hour away from keeping Blackpool up and he had to work with a maximum salary cap of 10k per week per player. Anyway, this is all hypothetical, long way to go before we can realistically talk about promotion.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
As I said, the people who run the club know the truth, we would just be guessing.

I wonder whether we want promotion yet. Maybe a few more years of 25000+ building a more solid base and a stronger team would stand in good stead for the challenge of the Premiership. You only have to look at Southampton this year who had a far better team than you or us last year.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
And as if to prove my point that the man is a f***ing idiot he is quoted in The Sun today as roaring "watch out Barcelona, we're after you!" I'm sure not even the most ardent palace fan will believe that particular soundbite

Holloway to palace, like a fly to dogshit

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Where are all these Palace fans coming from???

Plastics dare I say :lolol:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Zaha to Wigan in January is where it all starts going wrong. Moxey (or whatever his name is) to Bolton Wanderers Football Club, home of loyal Palace legend Sir Douglas Freedman

Such a bitter botty:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here