Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway to Palace tomorrow

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
sorry my fault i was so excited about holloway becoming our manager that i replyed to the wrong comment
Just what we need another tiresome Palace fan who can't spell or use a keyboard.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Personally, I think that is a cracking appointment for Palace.

I'm a bit mystified as to why he has left Blackpool though. I wonder if they made any effort to keep him.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Personally, I think that is a cracking appointment for Palace.

I'm a bit mystified as to why he has left Blackpool though. I wonder if they made any effort to keep him.

Am I the only person that thinks "1 season of top flight football in 40 years Blackpool" are a smaller club than palace? Holloway is a carrot crunching clown who overachieved with them, got QPR promoted from a league they were far to big for,after getting them relegated, took Leicester down to league one and did nothing with either Bristol Rovers or Plymouth. Idont get why he's so highly thought of, other than for the odd amusing soundbite.

D

Deleted member 2719

Mark (boring) Bright has just been on Final Score wetting his pants over the Ollie's appointment.:tosser:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Haven't got seagulls player but I'm assuming he was saying that his contract was pretty much non existent and confirming the rumour that Oyston is tighter than a nun's nasty.

It's a good appointment for Palace but the 4 and a half year contract would tend to back up the fact that Parrish didn't rate Dougie rather than Dougie walked for the money.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not my Work ....

Sarf Landon
Holloway you are a fool,
Leaving behind the mighty Pool,
I hope you fail and get sacked,
Dont ever think we`ll have you back,
We now have Thommo to take the reigns,
The man we all know, was always the brains,
Using location as a reason,
I really do hope you have a shite season,
Dont forget to leave behind your Tangerine tie,
And f*** off to Palace to tell some lies,

FROM

Sarf Landon | Blackpool FC forum message board.

Soon you'll be sick of their strange diets
And when Summer comes yet more riots
But up in Blackpool life goes on
Enjoy your time in South London

http://atdhenet.tv/53965/watch-derby-vs-blackpool

Last edited:

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Am I the only person that thinks "1 season of top flight football in 40 years Blackpool" are a smaller club than palace? Holloway is a carrot crunching clown who overachieved with them, got QPR promoted from a league they were far to big for,after getting them relegated, took Leicester down to league one and did nothing with either Bristol Rovers or Plymouth. Idont get why he's so highly thought of, other than for the odd amusing soundbite.

Holloway may have been manager when we went down but he didn't get us relegated ... imho that was down to Gerry Francis and Iain Dowie. He managed us through one of our darkest periods, took us to a playoff final and then promotion the following year. I thought he did well with Bristol Rovers? Top of the table until 3 of his strikers were sold? He took Blackpool to the Premier League and had a good go given they had a salary cap of £10k a week.

He was shit at Leicester though :lolol:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
holloway may have been manager when we went down but he didn't get us relegated ... Imho that was down to gerry francis and iain dowie. He managed us through one of our darkest periods, took us to a playoff final and then promotion the following year. I thought he did well with bristol rovers? Top of the table until 3 of his strikers were sold? He took blackpool to the premier league and had a good go given they had a salary cap of £10k a week.

He was shit at leicester though :lolol:

wasnt he brought in to keep you up? And didnt. And then took 2 seasons to get you out of a division you should've walked .To me that equates as failiure. He left bristol roughly in the same place as he found them. His career win ratio is around 37%, doesnt make him the next fergie does it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's funny how Dougie Freedman leaves Palace for a better contract at Bolton, and he's branded a money grabbing Judas by their fans.

Ian Holloway does exactly the same by joining Palace, but oddly they seem to think he's doing it for the sheer love of it :lolol:

I'm quite happy with the appointment to be honest, I can't stand the unfunny twat. His tiresome country bumpkin act became boring years ago and it beats me how certain elements of the media continue to lap up his shamelessly rehearsed "spontaneous" witticisms. I bet he spends hours at home thinking up his next comedy soundbite just to keep his name in the papers. I'd far rather they gave him the job than someone I actually like and would have to start disliking purely on the basis of joining Palace. It just means I can loathe him even more now, which frankly is a win-win situation (hopefully not for him).

"If oi fell in a barrel of boobs, Oi'd come up sucking my thumb", Holloway once told the press when at QPR. Well, congratulations, Ian, because if being surrounded by tits was what you were after all along, then you've found the right place. Welcome home.

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
wasnt he brought in to keep you up? And didnt. And then took 2 seasons to get you out of a division you should've walked .To me that equates as failiure. He left bristol roughly in the same place as he found them. His career win ratio is around 37%, doesnt make him the next fergie does it?

We were already in trouble when he came in and had to work with the same squad that had got us into that mess. The season we went down co-incided with the majority of senior players' expensive contracts expiring and he was forced to sell our 2 best players ... Peter Crouch and Jermaine Darlington so he started the following season with a very new squad built with very little money. We played Chelsea pre-season and some players met for the first time in the changing room that day. The signing of 2 of our players and their wages were funded by a family of QPR supporters.

I think all things considered he did very well at QPR - he is always welcomed back to Loftus Road with a rendition of 'Thank You Ian Holloway'.

At Bristol Rovers (and I'm happy to be corrected) they were top of the table until his strikers were sold from under him and they slumped? Missed out on the playoffs last game of the season? They would probably have gone up had those players not been sold.

I think he's a very good Championship manager and with the right backing may make a half decent Premier League manager.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
whether the fools in "the loft" love him or not his record throughout his career suggests that he is an average manager,With 2 promotions and 3 relegations on his c.v. no better, no worse.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nah. To be honest I've no idea where we are, we're in some Polish caravan park...

Is that the one near Thornton Heath where all the Poles and Romanians have moved into ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here