Ian Holloway to Palace tomorrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feb 14, 2010
What not to like? How about..
1. Plastic club with goal music
2. Plastic fans with "Palace Ultras" and sweet little banner displays
3. Plastic fans with a spotty teenager banging a drum
4. Being 4th in the table but still failing to get 13,000 paying people through the gate and having to give tickets away
5. Being 4th in the table and having to run Groupon deals
6. Being 4th in the table and the players wanting away because they have no fans
7. Having 250 teenagers being laughed out of the city when crying about how skint palace were before failing to pay its debts, going insolvent then having the cheek to boast they have an asset they value at £20 Million
8. Eventually following Brighton to The Cup Final but doing so by long ball tactics during the worst period of football in English history and hen turning up with "Virgin" plastered all over your shirts

Is that a good start?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Well the Blackpool chairman said "It suits him to be nearer his family".

But of course you know better as usual.

No, I don't, I think Ian Holloway knows better. He keeps giving these interviews where he talks about moving up to nearer blackpool, and commuting from bristol to QPR.

It's not like the chairman would have any reason to dress up Holloway's reasons for wanting away, is it?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
What not to like? How about..
1. Plastic club with goal music
2. Plastic fans with "Palace Ultras" and sweet little banner displays
3. Plastic fans with a spotty teenager banging a drum
4. Being 4th in the table but still failing to get 13,000 paying people through the gate and having to give tickets away
5. Being 4th in the table and having to run Groupon deals
6. Being 4th in the table and the players wanting away because they have no fans
7. Having 250 teenagers being laughed out of the city when crying about how skint palace were before failing to pay its debts, going insolvent then having the cheek to boast they have an asset they value at £20 Million
8. Eventually following Brighton to The Cup Final but doing so by long ball tactics during the worst period of football in English history and hen turning up with "Virgin" plastered all over your shirts

Is that a good start?

Not bitter then? Why don't you go and start another thread about having bigger fish to fry than us :lolol:

Feb 14, 2010
Not bitter then? Why don't you go and start another thread about having bigger fish to fry than us :lolol:

We do mate, clubs who get 13000 through the gate like Wigan and palace are plucky over achievers but we do have bigger fish to fry in the future. No to worry tho, we will be always be our little plucky rivals up the road.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
No, I don't, I think Ian Holloway knows better. He keeps giving these interviews where he talks about moving up to nearer blackpool, and commuting from bristol to QPR.

It's not like the chairman would have any reason to dress up Holloway's reasons for wanting away, is it?

It's no secret Holloway has wanted out of Blackpool for a while. Given the choice of other bigger northern clubs or Palace which he probably has had surely there is only one reason to choose where he has. Location.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It's no secret Holloway has wanted out of Blackpool for a while. Given the choice of other bigger northern clubs or Palace which he probably has had surely there is only one reason to choose where he has. Location.

You're mental. A few years back we were getting 26k and you 6k. Crowds change all the time due to a number of things, your getting high crowds now because of the novelty of the new stadium and the Championship but they will drop once that wears off. Our crowds will rise with the big name appointment of Holloway.

Anyway, enough of this. I'm off to the home of football!

Feb 14, 2010
Your mental. A few years back we were getting 26k and you 6k. Crowds change all the time due to a number of things, your getting high crowds now because of the novelty of the new stadium and the Championship but they will drop once that wears off. Our crowds will rise with the big name appointment of Holloway.

You couldnt get 26000 home fans through the gate when you were 3rd in the top flight. You had to rely on away fans even then. Are you going for free or is someone else using the groupon ticket today?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

He might want to live in London, I don't know. I'm not so blinded by rivalry as to think Palace is such a bad option for a manager who wants away at the moment. But if he does want to live in london, it's not because his family live there.

What bigger northern clubs are looking for a manager? Which have approached him?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
He might want to live in London, I don't know. I'm not so blinded by rivalry as to think Palace is such a bad option for a manager who wants away at the moment. But if he does want to live in london, it's not because his family live there.

What bigger northern clubs are looking for a manager? Which have approached him?

The fact of the matter is that we don't know what's been going on behind the scenes.

All I know is that Palace have lost a manager because of lack of money and ambition. The chairman explains this by confirming this and saying he doesn't want promotion at the moment. Then they appoint one who I assume commands a bigger salary and has a lot of ambition. Something doesn't make sense.

epsom eagle

Nov 3, 2012

our 26k automatically goes down when we play both yourself & millwall as the arthur seats 10k we only give yourselves & millwall 2.5k & no palace fans are allowed in there so that takes it down to 18.5k for the millwall game we had just over 16k so that was only 2,000 empty seats & by the look of it you had that many empty seats last night.As for the hf05 as some people look @ them as a joke but @ least the doing something about the atmosphere will many clubs coyping. i love the fact our ground is shit its like evertons old with history all these new grounds just look the same (yours southampton derby coventry etc ) Some people are getting carried away but why not after the few seasons of shit we've had as a club which nearly slipped away surley we can get carried away after all we had to listen to you lot for the last 2 years .Zaha is the best player in the leauge & you've got your palace blinkers on if you can't see it we will probably sell him in january then we can by the 2nd best player in the leauge thomas ince . see you all december 1st from behind the steel fence . right i'm off with my groupon voucher 2 tickets for £25 to watch IAN holloway being unveiled. WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
You're mental. A few years back we were getting 26k and you 6k. Crowds change all the time due to a number of things, your getting high crowds now because of the novelty of the new stadium and the Championship but they will drop once that wears off. Our crowds will rise with the big name appointment of Holloway.

To be fair Nige, if Palace had been through what we went through and had to play at the worst ground in the football league (admittedly Selhurst does come close) with a limited capacity following several years playing home games 70 odd miles away, they would cease to exist. Where are all your plastics now? Your current good form is an aberrant blip however the overall malaise at your club is signalling a downward trend and failure. In a way I would love Palace to go up, your board would shit themselves as Palace are not capable of sustaining premier league football and would rack up debt faster than ever and it would also be hilarious watching you get dicked week in week out.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
our 26k automatically goes down when we play both yourself & millwall as the arthur seats 10k we only give yourselves & millwall 2.5k & no palace fans are allowed in there so that takes it down to 18.5k for the millwall game we had just over 16k so that was only 2,000 empty seats & by the look of it you had that many empty seats last night.As for the hf05 as some people look @ them as a joke but @ least the doing something about the atmosphere will many clubs coyping. i love the fact our ground is shit its like evertons old with history all these new grounds just look the same (yours southampton derby coventry etc ) Some people are getting carried away but why not after the few seasons of shit we've had as a club which nearly slipped away surley we can get carried away after all we had to listen to you lot for the last 2 years .Zaha is the best player in the leauge & you've got your palace blinkers on if you can't see it we will probably sell him in january then we can by the 2nd best player in the leauge thomas ince . see you all december 1st from behind the steel fence . right i'm off with my groupon voucher 2 tickets for £25 to watch IAN holloway being unveiled. WE ARE GOING UP SAY WE ARE GOING UP :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

These Palace supporters on here are GOLD. Two brain cells to rub together comes to mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A few years back we were getting 26k and you 6k.
Untrue.
your getting high crowds now because of the novelty of the new stadium and the Championship but they will drop once that wears off.
Last year you said our crowds would fall after the first season, but they went up.
Our crowds will rise with the big name appointment of Holloway.
Plastics.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't understand how any of that is a relevant response to what I posted. Though part of that could be me not really understanding any of that. I see something about attendance and zaha, but that has nothing to do with my post.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports