Ian Holloway to Palace tomorrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Truth is there's not mush better out there

Agree with that. Of all the managers out of work or looking for a change Holloway is the best.

However, I am not sure as to how he will cope with the limited finances on offer at Palace. He was always moaning about the budget he had at Blackpool and they had prem parachute payments. Could be choppy waters ahead at Selhurst - interesting.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This looks like a decision by Holloway that is not for the right reasons.

Nothing to do with football just pleased to get away from Blackpool and be nearer his family.

He moved his family to near pendle hill when he became blackpool manager. Why do people persist with this nonsense about his family living in london. They never lived in London - he commuted from the southwest when he played for QPR.

Blackpool rock to Holloway's beat - Soccer, Sport - Independent.ie
While he was playing for QPR, Holloway drove a 250-mile round trip for training every day to London from Bristol where he'd found the ideal school for his girls. He developed severe sciatica as a result.​

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1324990/Ian-Holloway-The-weird-wonderful-wild-life-Blackpool-boss.html
Ian Holloway is putting his house in order. The family are moving up from Bath to join him at their new home in the picturesque hills above Lancashire.
Holloway's livestock - almost 50 at the last count - help to take his mind off the madness of the world he inhabits after defying all logic to lead Blackpool into the Barclays Premier League.
His reward, a two-year deal, has given him the stability to move his wife, Kim, and their three daughters north to a rented home in the tranquil surroundings of Pendle Hill.​

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Come on, the way Dougie and Lennie left you in the lurch was a big shock to you and a laugh to us. We are just surprised that someone like Holloway would come to you when there is obviously something not right in the background. It's interesting when your main rivals shoot themselves in the foot don't you agree?

Anyway who's more obsessed me? Or you being on our site and me never having posted on yours?

Nothing is wrong at Palace as this appointment proves. Freedman went for the money and a larger transfer budget. Just because we can't compete with Bolton's finances doesn't mean there's anything wrong at our end.

Let's be honest, this is an upgrade on Freedman and you lot cannot believe we have got a manager this good! Not only do we now have a better team than you, we now have a more experienced, more chrasicmatic and better manager.

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Agree with that. Of all the managers out of work or looking for a change Holloway is the best.

However, I am not sure as to how he will cope with the limited finances on offer at Palace. He was always moaning about the budget he had at Blackpool and they had prem parachute payments. Could be choppy waters ahead at Selhurst - interesting.

He did moan but he did bloody well there on limited resources . He wont have money to waste at palace but thats what we do , pick up frees and bargains not forgeting our famed academy !

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Nothing is wrong at Palace as this appointment proves. Freedman went for the money and a larger transfer budget. Just because we can't compete with Bolton's finances doesn't mean there's anything wrong at our end.

Let's be honest, this is an upgrade on Freedman and you lot cannot believe we have got a manager this good! Not only do we know have a better team than you, we now have a more experienced, more chrasicmatic and better manager.

I think we should put this post on ice it has serious bounce potential

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
From Wonga to Groupon. From one lot of rip off merchants to another, he should feel right at home.

At least it will be a laugh listening to Holloway rather than that dour old Freedman.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
How did he do at clubs before Blackpool?

Not particularly well. After his short period at Leicester, ending with their relegation to League One, I wouldn't have believed he could reinvent himself as he did at Blackpool. But his achievements at Bloomfield Road were sensational. Not only taking them into The Premier League, but coming so close to taking them back again in May.
I think he's a very good appointment for Palace, and I'm annoyed it's broken this morning having backed Blackburn to win today. Any Glazier who was unhappy after Freedman's departure should be feeling very pleased right now; a four and a half year contract is a strong commitment as well.
Still wouldn't swap Gus for Ollie though!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
From Wonga to Groupon. From one lot of rip off merchants to another, he should feel right at home.

At least it will be a laugh listening to Holloway rather than that dour old Freedman.

I think it is a great appointment for Palace
He was responsible for selling all the Plymouth stars said their chairman at the time.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Plymouth Argyle | Holloway blamed for Argyle exits

Is he there to help Parish cash in on the star players?

And I think I am correct in saying he has more relegations than promotions to his name as a manager.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
He was responsible for selling all the Plymouth stars said their chairman at the time.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Plymouth Argyle | Holloway blamed for Argyle exits

And I think I am correct in saying he has more relegations than promotions to his name as a manager.

That was my first thought when I heard this too - Holloway has been brought in to do what Dougie wouldn't i.e. talk up and sell Zaha sharpish so he then gets some sort of transfer budget. He may be charismatic but he's also ruthless and his record isn't quite as great as some believe.

Will be interesting to see how he handles Murray too.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011

Holloway was trimming the wage bill at a club in financial distress. He has already done an interview where he explains this.

No, you fool, he is not there to cash in on the star players. He is there to get us promoted, with a bigger budget than he had with Blackpool.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
I genuinely think palace will do better than us this season, and I'm really not looking forward to the game there next month.

My opinion was the complete reverse at the start of the season, but you gotta hand it to them. They seem to have more to look forward to than us in terms of playing football.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I genuinely think palace will do better than us this season, and I'm really not looking forward to the game there next month.

My opinion was the complete reverse at the start of the season, but you gotta hand it to them. They seem to have more to look forward to than us in terms of playing football.

I am sorry but that is nonsense. We had an amazing run followed by a bad one but things now looking up again. Palace are on a good run can't deny that but to suggest we have nothing to look forward to is simply ridiculous. This division can change very quickly as we found out last season it's a bit earlier to be proclaiming who will be where come may

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012

Let's be honest, this is an upgrade on Freedman and you lot cannot believe we have got a manager this good! Not only do we now have a better team than you, we now have a more experienced, more chrasicmatic and better manager.
True enough. Holloway is a character, I like him, but I obviously don't wish him well in this appointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports