Ian Holloway to Palace tomorrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Current form doesn't suggest you have a top 6 team though, does it. There are atleast 10 teams with a better first team than Palace have, on paper. At the moment you're performing much better than the sum of all parts whereas other teams aren't doing as well as they should be. After 46 games, we'll see what's what but your claims are wild and hilarious.

Current Form: WWDWWWWDDW

Really? You're criticizing that?

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
It's funny, because I've seen all the highlights of those games and at Leicester to say you were staggeringly lucky is an understatement, you got the result and fair play to you it's a cracking effort but it could have been very different. It's a very fine line. The penalties you were given against Cardiff were generous at best, Bolton are absolutely turgid and you played them at the right time, we've been unlucky not to play them just yet. Wolves was a fantastic result, fair play.

Ridiculous. Radio 5 Live described the Palace performance at Leicester as "perfect in every way" and the co-commentator said it was "the best away performance he'd ever seen". We were not "lucky" at all. In fact, we should have had a penalty that wasn't given, and they only had a few good chances in the whole game. We completely deserved to win the game - and the Leicester fans on their forum agreed. We were the better team on the day, as you'll see if you have a look on their board :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And there you have it... The value of playing two wingers at home then...

I would love to see two wingers playing for us but our wingers have hamstrings like candy floss strings.
Blackpool didn't beat us because they had their striker out injured even though they created lots of chances. Our lack of form recently could also be down to Bruno, CMS & Crofts getting injured. It works both ways.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Brave words.

But that's how I feel. I stand by that statement. I think you are seriously underestimating our current squad. It makes 1 Dec even more of a date to look forward to!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Our team is completely different to last years. Blake, Ward, Bolasie, Delaney, Moritz, etc. are all first team players now that are improvements on last years side (with the exception of Clyne).

Comparing this seasons Palace side to last seasons is just silly. This current crop is far superior.

No doubt you have strengthened but so has everyone else so a bit of an odd comparison

Nobody can take your run away from you and only an idiot would suggest your current form is anything but impressive. But there is a long way to go yet so a bit early for anyone to be talking about nailed on top 6 finishes

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
But that's how I feel. I stand by that statement. I think you are seriously underestimating our current squad. It makes 1 Dec even more of a date to look forward to!

We're going to get battered on the 1 December and make no mistake about it, you'll come at us like Blackpool did (even more so if Holloway is in charge) and lay siege to our penatly box for 90 minutes. We have to hope Kuszczack is on top form and lady luck is with us again to keep it respectable or it could be a long old night.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Current Form: WWDWWWWDDW

Really? You're criticizing that?

I'm looking beyond letters strung together. And you're Palace, you wouldn't expect compliments and praise on here, surely?! :thumbsup:

Ridiculous. Radio 5 Live described the Palace performance at Leicester as "perfect in every way" and the co-commentator said it was "the best away performance he'd ever seen". We were not "lucky" at all. In fact, we should have had a penalty that wasn't given, and they only had a few good chances in the whole game. We completely deserved to win the game - and the Leicester fans on their forum agreed. We were the better team on the day, as you'll see if you have a look on their board :)

Perfect in every way! :lolol: Brilliant, nice to know Mark Bright is still on the radio. Such praise is outrageous, best away performance he's ever seen? Presumably, then, he's a fan of Fulham and has never seen his team win away. If he thought your performance was good, considering the mistakes by Schmeichel in the opposing goal and the calamity of a refereeing decision at the end, he wants to have a little look at Tottenham at Old Trafford this season, or Man United at Newcastle. Or he just wants to watch a bit more football and stop making such stupid sweeping statements. I won't be looking at the Leicester forum though I'm afraid, it has nothing to do with the fact they beat us and we missed another penalty, it's more to do with the fact I really don't care. If Schmeichel had performed against us as he did against you, perhaps we'd have got a more favourable result. We didn't, he had his shocker against you and that's how your luck has been recently. Long may it continue....!

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ

He is clearly new to football if he thinks a 2-1 away win is 'perfect' and the 'best away performance he's ever seen' :facepalm:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
We're going to get battered on the 1 December and make no mistake about it, you'll come at us like Blackpool did (even more so if Holloway is in charge) and lay siege to our penatly box for 90 minutes. We have to hope Kuszczack is on top form and lady luck is with us again to keep it respectable or it could be a long old night.

I hope you are right but it's a derby game. I can't wait for it but I'm not expecting a game that we will be battering you. It very rarely happens that way. Naturally i'm expecting a Palace win but it will be close, that's for sure!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Come on mate it's not that bad. There's a month for our form to turn around and Palaces to do the same... Start of the season we'd have destroyed them if we'd played them - remember that!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Derby games usually go against form. We were bottom of the division when we beat them at Selhurst in 2005.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Derby games usually go against form. We were bottom of the division when we beat them at Selhurst in 2005.

And when they ended our brilliant undefeated run at the Amex it was against the form book. Just have to hope we get our shit together in time. Otherwise it's going to be difficult to watch.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
QUOTE=Jim in the West;5289620]I was afraid that might happen...Palace could be genuine play-off contenders after all.[/QUOTE]

:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
can i draw everyones attention to the fact its past 1pm and still no news of Holloway going there. contrast with Freedman who couldnt leave quick enough.

oh, i will chuckle....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports