Ian Holloway to Palace tomorrow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There is a reason for it, yes - because we were missing 5 or 6 players that we signed at the end of the transfer window.

On paper, Palace have a top 6 team. In real terms... we've got a top six team currently sitting in fourth :)

First bit - correct, as I said this was before some good signings

Second bit - Can't agree whatsoever mate. Sorry, your team is not top 6 on paper. It's well well below that. But that doesn't really matter does it the table doesn't lie and you've done v well.. so far...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
No problem with the manager IF he changes the system, more so for home games where it is all too easy for opponents to beat us now if they do their homework (not sure Warnock is clever enough to have done it)... I'll even dedicate a special 'praise Gus' thread if he shows us a more attacking plan B tonight... And Blackpool could have easily put three by us on Saturday if they had a decent striker playing, they created enough chances, pretty much the same boat as us, except their decent striker was injured, we don't have one.

I would call Ince and Matt Phillips good strikers.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Why is he?

You were 4th this date last year, we were 12th. Blackpool were 8th.

Look what happened. :lolol:

What you all fail to see (or choose not to) is that, by some sort of miracle, we are a completely different proposition from the team we were at the end of last year or even the start of this season!

After watching dross for the last 18 months, with one or two highlights amongst it :thumbsup: there was an overnight change after losing at Brizzle 4-1. I can only guess that Freedman told the board how it was and convinced them to invest a few quid. They did and Bolassie and Moritz (amongst others) arrived. COMPLETE transformation.

So Freedman left but hey, we will come up trumps when Ollie arrives! Why would he not be excited to work with the likes of Zaha, Williams, Murray and Bolassie? As well as our other youngsters coming through such as Alessandie.

You might not like it but we are the real deal and if Ollie carries on as Freedman left off, only getting in the play-off's will be a disappointment. Enjoy mid-table lads. :thumbsup:

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
LATEST: Holloway at Pool training ground - Blackpool FC - Blackpool Gazette

This quote made me laugh

“If I don’t get in the play-offs this year, and I don’t win the play-offs, I’ve failed haven’t I?

“That’s the pressure I’m putting on myself.

“At other places I might not have that expectation.

So maybe palace is the right team for him
rofl.gif

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Brave words.

Silly words. I'd bit your arm off if you offered us 6th. Could we do better? Very possibly. But there's always the chance that Murray/Zaha/Jedinak gets injured tomorrow and then we're screwed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You might not like it but we are the real deal and if Ollie carries on as Freedman left off, only getting in the play-off's will be a disappointment. Enjoy mid-table lads. :thumbsup:

One of the biggest 'set myself up to look a twat' i've ever seen - even from your lot. We have a much better squad than you - so f*** knows where you place us - nailed on Champions by your deluded logic. Now trott off to the BBS where u were hiding before ur little run of wins..

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
:lolol: I've not laughed this much for quite a while. That's absolutely fantastic. :lolol:

We've played Leicester away, Cardiff home, Bolton away and Wolves away - beating all of them. We're unbeaten in 10 having won 7 and drawn 3.

Meanwhile, you have taken 1 point against sides in the top half.

I don't think you're in any position to laugh at anything regarding Palace at the moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Silly words. I'd bit your arm off if you offered us 6th. Could we do better? Very possibly. But there's always the chance that Murray/Zaha/Jedinak gets injured tomorrow and then we're screwed.

Not really keeping with your 'top 6 on paper' post earlier - this is a bit more sensible. Your team's looking better but your squad is v v thin. So it should be though., given your previous financial failings.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Not really keeping with your 'top 6 on paper' post earlier - this is a bit more sensible. Your team's looking better but your squad is v v thin. So it should be though., given your previous financial failings.

I think it is. Our team IS a top 6 team on paper, but "on paper" doesn't take possible injuries into account. Should we get into the top 6 this season? I think so. Will we? Not sure.

-------------Speroni-------------
Ward---McCarthy---Delaney---Parr
---------Jedinak---KG------------
--Zaha------Williams-----Bolasie--
-------------Murray--------------

Looks top 6 worthy to me. Murray is a fantastic striker at this level with 8 goals already, Zaha is the best player in the League, Williams (if we can keep him fit) is a fantastic talent too, Bolasie is Zaha-lite and I haven't seen a better defensive midfielder in this league than Jedinak. If we had your defense we'd win the league at a canter.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We've played Leicester away, Cardiff home, Bolton away and Wolves away - beating all of them. We're unbeaten in 10 having won 7 and drawn 3.

I don't think you're in any position to laugh at anything regarding Palace at the moment.

It's funny, because I've seen all the highlights of those games and at Leicester to say you were staggeringly lucky is an understatement, you got the result and fair play to you it's a cracking effort but it could have been very different. It's a very fine line. The penalties you were given against Cardiff were generous at best, Bolton are absolutely turgid and you played them at the right time, we've been unlucky not to play them just yet. Wolves was a fantastic result, fair play.

Current form doesn't suggest you have a top 6 team though, does it. There are atleast 10 teams with a better first team than Palace have, on paper. At the moment you're performing much better than the sum of all parts whereas other teams aren't doing as well as they should be. After 46 games, we'll see what's what but your claims are wild and hilarious.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

Selhurst park? Shit crowds? Club legend bailing out on you? Croydon? Financially struggling if not skint? Best players likely to leave soon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports